Chapter Four

I walked home from my, longer-than-expected, shift. I walked through the sewers tiredly. But, I still had to take yet another shift afterwords. I walked into the lair, to be tax,led by something. I looked up to see the worry filled face of my brother.

"R-Raph! You almost scared the shit outta me."

He hugged me tight, and said in my ear,

"Well, maybe you shouldn't worry me like that. You've been gone for fifteen damn hours! Where he hell where you?"

I pulled away, reluctantly, and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water. I turned back to him, opening the bottle.

"I'm sorry, Raph. The shift was longer than I expected."

Suddenly, his worry was replaced by anger. 'Oh no.' I thought to myself, 'here comes the fiery rage.'

"What he hell Leo? YOU NEED TO TAKE A BREAK! YOU COULD'VE DIED, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!?"

"Well maybe we still need to protect this city until sensei and the other two come back. ITS NOT MY FAULT IM RESPONSIBLE FOR PROTECTING YOU AND THIS CITY."

He walked towards me, full of anger. He backed me up against the wall.

"LEO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE WHO,E WORLD ON YOUR SHOULDERS!! YOU CAN TAKE A DAMN REST."

"NO I CANT RAPH." I yelled back, my anger rising. "YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND!!!"

He punched me in the eye.

"BULLSHIT LEO. BULLSHIT. I UNDERSTAND JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO! HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL, EVERY PAINFUL DAY AFTER ANOTHER, KNOWING YOU'RE HURT AND THAT I CANT HELP YOU!!  LET ME PROTECT YOU LEO!! I LOVE YOU, DAMMIT!!"

I looked at him in shock, holding my hand against my swelling eye. I could feel my tears threatening to spill.

"R-Raph. I...I..I'm sorry!" I cried out and hugged him, sobbing into his shoulder. My knees buckled, but I felt his strong arms reach around me, keeping me up. He walked me over to the kitchen, sitting me down on the table. He walked away and to the freezer, pulling out an ice pack, and returning to me. He gently pressed it against my eye, causing me to gaps in pain of the cold and the pressure. He brought his free hand to the other side of my face.

"I'm sorry Leo. I never should have hit you. But, I hope it knocked some sense into ya. And I meant what I said Leo. I live you. Maybe a little more than brothers."

He looked at me, his eyes tearing up, and him blushing. He looked down as he said the last part. I put my hand to his face, maneuvering it so he was looking at me. I gently smile.

"I feel the same, Raph." I blinked, a tear running down my face.

"Again, I'm sorry bout hitting you, Leo. It's bruised pretty bad."

I looked at him, and smiled again.

"I guess Red and Blue make Purple bruises, huh?"

I whispered, and he smiled at me. He picked me up, and brought me to his bed. He laid me down with him. He kissed me lightly on my head, and as I drifted into much needed sleep. Last thing I heard was a quiet, "I love you Leo."