6: Rules

Mabel and Dipper returned to the Mystery Shack after school and saw Wendy working in the gift shop.

"Hey guys." She smiled. "How was the first day?"

"Different." Dipper scratched his head.

"Yup." Mabel nervously laughed.

"Woah, you two are acting weird." Wendy raised an eyebrow. "Tell Wendy what happened."

"We'll tell you." Dipper said. "But we also need to tell Grunkle Stan and Ford."

Soos came from the living room. "Hey dudes!"

"And Soos." Mabel elbowed Dipper lightly.

Convenient enough, both the brothers came out from the vending machine laughing.

"Hi kids!" Ford smiled. "Well how was it?"

Mabel and Dipper told them all about Bill. What he told them. That he's a human now. Everyone was speechless, especially Ford and Stan.

"Incredible!" Ford gasped. "Why would Bill change so suddenly?"

"I don't know." The twins shrugged.

Then there was a knock on the door. Mabel ran to the door and looked through the peephole and saw that it was Bill!

"Who's at the door, Mabel?" Stan asked from the kitchen.

Mabel panicked. "Candy and Grenda! It'll be just a minute!"

Mabel opened the door and stepped outside, closing the door behind her. "What are you doing here, Bill? If Ford or Stan sees you, they'll kill you."

"Wow." Bills eyes widened. "All I wanted to do was to invite you and your brother to Pacifica's party tonight."

"What?" Mabel asked.

Bill passed her a piece of paper. "Pacifica gave me that in the hall today. She said it was a party and that I could invite anyone that wasn't lame. So I thought I'd invite you two."

"Why would I go to Pacifica's party?" Mabel gave Bill a weird look. "I don't like her and she doesn't like me."

"You said you wanted to make friends, right?" Bill asked.

"I don't remember saying it to you-" Mabel was cut off.

"That's not the point." Bill interrupted. "You want to make friends. Here's your chance."

"How can I trust you?" Mabel crossed her arms.

Bill smiled. "I'll see you at 7:00."

Bill walked off, leaving Mabel staring at the invitation. She walked back into the shack and to her room, where she found Dipper reading a book.

"Dipper!" Mabel called. "Bill came."

"What!" Dipper exclaimed, slamming his book shut. "Why?"

Mabel passed the invitation to him. "Pacifica's having a party tonight and Bill says we should go."

"Is Bill going to be there?" Dipper raised an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"We aren't going." Dipper threw the invitation.

"Oh come on Dipper!" Mabel frowned. "This is my chance to make some friends."

"We aren't going Mabel." Dipper returned to his book.

"Well I'm going." Mabel crossed her arms. "You can't tell me what to do."

Dipper put his book down. "If you go that party tonight I'll tell Stan that it was you who put that stuff in his coffee that made his voice change for like...a week."

Mabel bit her lip. "Ugh! It's like your my mom!"

Mabel stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.