17: Audition

Two whole weeks have passed since school started. Mabel and Bill were happy together, yet Mabel was suspicious of Pacifica whispering to Bill sometimes. Stan and Ford found out about Bill and all though they didn't take it well they wished Mabel the best.

Today was the day of auditions for the musical, High School Musical.

Mabel and Dipper have been rehearsing for the past few days for their audition, a duet. But Dipper has been spacing out lately. Mabel noticed he has been looking at Pacifica and talking about her a lot. Mabel wanted Bill to do the duet with her since Dipper obviously wasn't interested, but he said he couldn't sing.

Mabel and Dipper sat in the seats, waiting their turn. Pacifica and a friend aced their audition and wandered off the stage.

"Mabel and Dipper Pines?" The drama teacher, Ms. Susan called.

Mabel and Dipper stood up and went backstage. As they were handed microphones, Dipper saw Pacifica and she motioned him to come over.

"Dipper!" Mabel hissed.

"Just a second!" Dipper ran toward Pacifica.

Mabel was scooted by the backstage people and she was alone. "Uh...I don't have a-"

But then, music started. Mabel froze. Then she heard singing.

"It's hard to believe, that I couldn't see...." Bill came from the backstage. He winked at Mabel.

"You were always there beside me." Mabel mumbled in shock. She played along with it. "But I was alone with no one to hold."

"But you were always there beside me." They both said.

Mabel and Bill got close to each other, Mabel smiled. "This feelings like no other."

"I want you to know," they both sang, "I've never had someone that knows me like you do...the way you do!"

"I've never had someone as good for me as you...no one like you! So lonely before I finally found....what I've been looking for."

The audition went perfect. Once it was over and the people were applauding, Mabel looked to the side and saw Dipper frowning at her.

Mabel and Bill walked off stage, Mabel trying to ignore Dipper.

"I thought you said you couldn't sing." Mabel looked at Bill.

"I couldn't let you do your audition alone." Bill eyed Dipper.

Dipper frowned and turned away.

"How did you know what song we were doing?" Mabel asked.

"I just know, Shooting Star." Bill put his arm around Mabel.

Mabel looked over and saw Pacifica staring at Bill. Mabel was getting really annoyed with her staring and flirting with Bill...

"Hey Shooting Star." Bill grabbed her attention.

"Yeah?"

Bill puts his hand out in front of her. "I got you something."

"What is it?" Mabel smiled.

Bill opened his palm and there was a beautiful necklace with a gold triangle.

"Oh, Bill." Mabel gasped. "It's beautiful!"

"It's real gold." Bill smiled. "It's a sign that you're officially mine."

"I love it." Mabel was speechless.

Mabel examined the necklace and tilted her head. "Bill, there's no thingy to open the necklace."

"Nope." Bill snapped his fingers, making the necklace appear around Mabel's necklace. "It's a symbol that represents nothing can break our love."

"You're awesome." Mabel hugged him.

Bill hugged her while Pacifica stomped off.