10: MaBill

The second day of school was worse than the first. The twins barely talked to each other walking to school and everyone was gossiping about Bill and Mabel.

Mabel overheard a few girls talking. "Their ship name is MaBill."

Mabel's face turned red from embarrassment.

The twins took their seats for their first class and they waited for Bill. When he finally arrived he sat down without saying a word to Mabel.

The three couldn't concentrate at all during class. Mabel felt something touch her hand and she looked down to see a piece of paper crumpled up.

She unfolded it and it was from Bill that said "I want to talk to you after class".

Dipper snatched the paper from Mabel and through it in the garbage behind him.

Mabel sighed and tried to follow along with what Miss Evans was talking about.

"Polynomials?" Mabel thought. "When were we talking about this?"

After class, Bill tried to talk to Mabel but Dipper kept pulling on Mabel's arm.

"Spanish." Bill said to Mabel.

Mabel nodded and then followed her brother.

In Dipper and Mabel's next class together, there was a substitute teacher so they were free to do what they want during class.

"Mabel, stay away from Bill." Dipper looked at Mabel.

"Dipper, nothing is wrong with Bill!" Mabel sighed. "I'm not having this conversation again, okay? You can't separate Bill and I."

Dipper sighed. "Fine. But if I see anything suspicious about Bill, I'm telling Ford."

Mabel hesitated. "Fine by me."

Spanish class came quicker than Mabel thought. She anxiously waited for Bill to come sit next to her.

Pacifica giggled with her friends who were staring at Mabel and then she walked over to Mabel.

"So," She smiled, "are you and Bill dating, Mabel? Or should I say--MaBill?"

"No we aren't." Mabel tried not to let her anger out.

"Well everyone thinks you are." Pacifica smiled.

Both girls turned their heads as Bill walked in the door.

"Hey, Bill." Pacifica walked to him.

"Hi Pacifica." Bill faked a smile.

"Class has started." Señora Rosada snapped at the two.

Pacifica winked at Bill and returned to her seat.

Bill sat next to Mabel, whose face was already turning red.

Bill slipped another piece of paper into Mabel's hand.

Mabel unfolded it and read it.

MaBill, huh? So is it official? ;)

Mabel reread the note about a million times. She looked at Bill who was trying not to notice her by writing notes down.

Mabel elbowed him and pointed at the note when he finally looked at her.

Mabel gave him a thumbs up.