9: Party

After an hour of dancing, Mabel decided to sit down for a few minutes. Bill was distracted by a swarm of popular kids dancing in the middle. She even saw Pacifica trying to flirt with Bill.

Mabel looked around for Candy and Grenda but she couldn't find them. She took her phone out and saw that Candy texted her.

Candy: Sorry Mabel we left

Mabel frowned and texted back.

Mabel: It's ok...

Mabel sighed and leaned her head on her hand. She had no more energy to dance and she knew Bill was going to party all night long. Mabel decided to go home.

She got up and started walking to the door when someone yanked on her arm.

Mabel turned around to see Bill with a sad face. "You're leaving?"

"I'm all out of energy." Mabel shrugged.

"Aw, Shooting Star, you can't leave now!" Bill smiled.

Mabel smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Bill frowned as Mabel started walking away. But he was quickly distracted by the blasting music and girls dragging him to the dance floor.

Mabel walked home only thinking about Bill in her head. She wondered if they would ever be together.

"He's a popular guy." Mabel talked to herself. "And I'm a nobody."

Mabel felt like someone was watching her so she quickly turned around to see no one was there. Mabel shrugged and continued walking.

Mabel frowned as she saw the Mystery Shack in front of her. Then she heard a noise in the back in the forest and she jerked around to find a short boy with big hair.

"Gideon?" Mabel gasped.

"Why hello my darling!" Gideon smiled.

"What are you doing here?!" Mabel frowned.

"Can't an old fellow just say hello?" Gideon chuckled.

"Look Gideon," Mabel walked closer to Gideon, "if you think I'm going to be your girlfriend think again. It's never happening."

"You'll learn to love meh!" Gideon frowned. "One day, Mabel Pines, you will be Mabel Gleeful!"

"In your dreams, squirt." Mabel smiled, flicking Gideon's nose with her finger.

Gideon's face turned red and he ran off.

Mabel crossed her arms and walked up the steps into the shack. As soon as she opened the door she saw Dipper with an angry look on his face.

Before Mabel could say anything, Dipper shoved a phone in her face. "I found this on Instagram!"

Mabel looked closely and saw that Pacifica posted a picture of her and Bill on the dance floor and then caption was "New OTP?😜💘".

"You follow Pacifica?" Mabel asked.

"She tagged me in it!" Dipper said. "But that isn't the point! Mabel, I told you not to go to that party! Bill is a demon! He's dangerous!"

"He didn't seem so dangerous to me!" Mabel said. "And stop bossing me around! You're my brother, not my mom. Also, I'm older than you! Besides, it's my life!"

Dipper crossed his arms. "I'm just trying to protect you from Bill."

"I can take care of myself thank you very much." Mabel crossed her arms.

Mabel felt her phone vibrate and looked to see Pacifica tagged her in the same photo that Dipper was tagged in.

Mabel's face turned red as she read the caption again and saw that the picture got over 150 likes.