Chapter 1

Curiosity killed the cat. Words like that rang through Adriens mind as he tried his hardest not to eavesdrop on Marinette and Alya. After a couple instances where Nino, Alya, Marinette and him hung out at lunch or on the weekends, he found himself oddly curious about Marinette. Of course, Adrien knew that Marinette was oddly silent around him and growing closer to her would be impossible. Adrien bit his lip in order to stop himself from sighing as he released the tension in his shoulders. He focused his attention on the lesson which the teacher was explaining and settled back into his chair. Part of him was ready to get up and leave already, but part of him was kind of glad that school felt particularly long today. The longer school was, the less time he spent alone at his house.

Adrien knew that this was bad. It was sunset and here he was, getting ready to knock on the trapdoor that led to Marinettes room. He'd already been here as Chat Noir twice so of course he knew where she lived. He'd also been here as Adrien. Crouching beside the trap door, Adrien took a deep breath then knocked. There was a slight sound of commotion before the trap door flung open and he was hot in the arm. Chat Noir fell back, pain burning in his arm.

"Oh my god! Chat I'm so sorry!" He heard a feminine voice cry.

It was no doubt Marinette. She crouched beside him and dropped the baseball bat she'd hit him with. Chat Noir sat up and looked at her.

"Why'd you hit me?!" He questioned.

"Well people don't just casually knock on my trapdoor! I thought you were like a murderer or something!" Cried Marinette.

"Here, come inside. " she said.

Chat Noir followed Marinette into her room. He took a seat on her bed and crossed his legs. She sat across from him and bit her lip.

"Does it still hurt?" She asked.

"Not really."

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"Oh I have been feeling lonely lately and I wanted to be with a friend." Said Chat.

That wasn't a complete lie. He was pretty lonely and it was always nice to be with friends. He hoped Marinette considered them friends.

"We're friends?" She asked.

Chat Noir blushed slightly.

"I thought we were."

"I did as well. It's just, I didn't think you thought we were."

Marinette looked away and rubbed her arm. He could've sworn she looked nervous.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?"she asked.

She met his gaze again. At this moment, he noticed how incredibly blue her eyes were.

"Well actually, since your a girl I assume you know what girls like. You see, I like this girl and I want her to feel the same. And I don't think she does." Chat said.

He was blushing hard now. He'd never felt so nervous. Reminding himself that this was just Marinette, he took a breath and looked at her. Marinette burs yes into a storm of giggles.

"Wow Chat Noir, you're the last person I'd expect to have lady trouble!"

Chat Noir blushed even harder.

"Well princess, while I am quite handsome, this girl seems to not really pay attention to me." He said.

Marinette gave him a warm half smile.

"What's the name of this girl?" She asked.

"Well, this probably won't be much of a surprise, but it's Ladybug."

This was a surprise. Of course Marinette didn't notice his feelings, she was too invested in her love for Adrien! She felt guilt over this, this was her fault and he had unknowingly asked her for advice.

"Maybe her heart is elsewhere..." Marinette said quietly.

Chat frowned slightly.

"And where's your heart? Has my princess found herself a prince?" He inquired.

"Well there is one boy I like. But he doesn't notice me. Which is fine, I can hardly utter a sentence when I'm near him."

Marinette smiled fondly at the thought of him. Chat Noir caught this and grinned. He was glad to see that somebody warmed her heart, even if they didn't notice her.

"Well, he's a fool for not noticing a girl like you."

Marinette smiled at him. Looking at the time, Adrien figured it was time to leave. He left through the trap door and soared into the night. It was a pleasant conversation, for once there actually was a conversation. Part of him started to piece something together, the way she spoke about not being able to talk around this boy made him ponder something. Could it be him? He smiled to himself. Adrien doubted him, no way a pretty and kind girl like that would ever fall for him.

Marinette gave Tikki a strange look after Chat left. It was possibly the oddest conversation of her life, but she still enjoyed it. She never allowed Chat to get close to Ladybug, but Marinette sort of wanted to get close to him. Marinette laid in bed and thought about there conversation, and the way his eyes lit up when he talked about Ladybug, she wasn't sure yet on how she felt about it. But she knew she felt glad that Chat considered them friends.