Chapter 5

Marinettes head was in the clouds the next day. And for once Adrien Agreste was not the cause of her daydreaming in class. Her mind kept circling around Chat Noir and the pain in his eyes last night. It was weird, she never once expected to see Chat Noir cry, especially over the Titanic.

"Marinette, can you repeat what I just said?"

The teacher snapped Marinette from her thoughts. Her head snapped up and looked at the teacher, she took a moment before saying.

"No I wasn't paying attention," she stated bluntly.

There were a couple snickers heard throughout the classroom. The teacher sighed.

"Take your things and go to the principals office." The teacher said.

Marinette obliged and grabbed her things.

Adrien was bewildered by Marinettes behaviour.  He was trying to hide his grin, why she did was great. It reminded him of how she acted around Chat Noir, and he loved the fire she threw at Chat Noir when he was around. Of course, Marinette hadn't been the only one daydreaming during class, Adrien was just better at hiding it. His mine was solely focused on her, something that became a common occurrence lately. After the way she was able to comfort him last night, his heart seemed to yearn to be able to relive those moments and be with her again. Something about her made her like a drug. She was all consuming and hopelessly addictive, and Adrien was an addict.

   Marinette lounged in the chair facing Mr Damocles, the principals, desk. He was at a meeting so Tikki was sitting on Marinettes knee. Marinette was tapping a response to Alya who was breaking the rules by texting in class.

"You shouldn't be texting Alya, you don't want her to get in trouble too," said Tikki.

Marinette flashed Tikki a grin.

"I know, but Alya texted me first so if she gets in trouble its on her," she said.

Tikki shook her head and smiled to herself. Alya was always so good to Marinette, Tikki thanked Alya for that. Sometimes Marinette was a bit hard to handle, fuelled by the rebellious energy of a teenager, and Tikki needed a bit of help on controlling Marinettes wild impulses. Marinette was a good girl, and Tikki had seen many Ladybugs who were absolutely crazy, so Marinette wasn't the worst by a long shot.

"Hey Tikki,"

"Yes?"

"Do all Ladybugs fall in love with Chat Noir?"

This struck a chord within Tikki. It reminded her of the things she dreaded telling Marinette, things like how her destiny was altered. The day she received her Miraculous was the day her destiny changed. Marinettes life would've been so much different if it weren't for her being Ladybug. And that goes for past Ladybugs as well.

"Well it's not uncommon... You guys do work together well..." Tikki trailed off.

Marinette raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips.

"But do they ever fall in love?" She asked.

"Well, yes. I suppose it's only natural, but it doesn't end up well," Tikki said.

"How so?"

"One of them could die in battle or one may not return the others affections. Why are you asking?"

"No reason."

But there was a reason. Marinette had a reason that hadn't bothered her until last night. Not until her eyes seemed to open a bit and show her an entire new world. A world unto which Chat Noir seemed to be a big part of. And now Chat Noir seemed to invade every inch of her, and the fact that she liked it was starting to scare her.

     Adrien was frustrated. He had piles of homework to do after piles of modelling. That was always the worst about coming home, but even then he didn't have much of a home. The house which Adrien occupied stopped feeling like a home a while ago, it was just a house to him. A cold empty mansion which was stained with all the memories he wished he could forget. Adrien sat on his couch, his leg shook as he gripped his head in frustration. He knew the answers, he knew he did. But they felt far away, it felt like they were trapped under a glass box, a box he couldn't lift.

"Adrien, if you keep stressing like that you're bound to get grey hairs." Stated Plagg before devouring more cheese.

Adrien shrugged his kwami off. If he got grey hairs, so be it. If he did have grey hair it may get him out of modelling. Adrien let out one last groan before slamming his homework closed and standing up abruptly.

"Plagg, transform me!"

Adrien transformed into Chat Noir and ran towards his biggest distraction. He went straight to Marinettes house.

It was a surprise, but at the same time it wasn't. Part of her knew Chat Noir would be back tonight but part of her didn't. Either way, she was happy to let him in. Chat sat beside her on the floor. She was seeing together some fabrics and Chat watched her intently, he memorized the way her hands moved. He studied her faint callouses and the little scars on her fingertips. He counted the freckles that dotted the tops of her hand, then his gaze trailed up her exposed skin to beyond her shirt and to her face. Her ink like hair framed her face as it frosted around her like the wind. He studied the way her eyes were shaped like tears, and how they had thick black lashes to highlight her Aqua blue eyes. The freckles dotting her cheeks and nose took his breath away, but none of it was as stunning as the way her lips twisted in concentration. They were a sickening cherry colour, they were glossed slightly with salvia and seemed to mouth something. His eyes flicked up to her eyes, which her focused on her, he realized she was trying to say something to him.

"S-sorry, what was that?" He asked.

She grinned a little before sighing and tilting her head in a almost flirtatious way.

"What we're staring at?" She asked.

Chat blushed bright red before scratching the back of his neck.

"I-I was just admiring y-your stunning beauty," he almost whispered.

He bit his lip to suppress a grin as she blushed as well.

"Silly kitten," she muttered.

She went back to sewing and Chat scooted a bit closer to her. She was glad he did. The feeling of him nearby was comforting.

"I have to go now princess," he said.

His breath tickled her slightly.

"Ok. Goodbye kitty," she said.

Chat smiled and stood up and left through her window. She sighed as she watched him leave. She was in trouble.

Adrien fell back on his bed. He couldn't believe she caught him staring, he couldn't believe was staring. She was alluring, captivating. She was worse than nicotine, she was the sweetest thing he'd ever encountered and he was hungry for a taste.