Chapter 4

For once, Marinette wasn't thinking about Adrien during class. Instead, a certain kitty was invading her thoughts. She was glad that he was going to respect her boundaries, after all, being close to him unsettled her. Over the time spent with him, she'd worked so hard to keep a steady partnership with him and she didn't need her civilian self ruining that. Her heart still belonged to Adrien, but there was no denying the sudden rush of attraction she had felt when she saw him. She couldn't deny the longing she felt for him.

Adrien knew he was gonna visit tonight. He wanted to so bad. Although she sat behind him in class, he desired to see the fiery and life filled girl she was around Chat. He craved to be in her prescience. And Adrien was relieved when the lunch bell rang. Adrien started for the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Nino.

"Hey I'm gonna grab lunch at this coffee place with Alya and Marinette, wanna come?" Nino asked.

Adriens heart leapt at the mention of Marinette.

"Yeah sure."

Nino and him walked to the coffee shop and found the girls already inside with a table. Nino sat beside Alya and Adrien went beside Marinette. The four ordered their drinks and settled into an easy conversation. Marinette was quiet, which was really not much of a surprise. Nino and Alya were deep into a conversation of their own so Adrien turned to Marinette.

"So how are you Marinette?" He asked.

She gazed at him with eyes like the ocean. He saw tension in her shoulders.

"I-I'm good. H-how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. How have your designs been going?" He asked.

Her eyes widened. She forgot he knew about her designs and she was caught slightly off guard.

"They've been going pretty well actually. I've been trying out these new fabrics and they're really nice," she said.

Adrien suppressed a grin. The conversation was easy once she was talking about her designs. Once he'd brought them up she'd tensed up even more but once she got talking all the tension was gone.

"Hey we should probably get going." Said Nino.

The four stood up and started making their way back to the school. Adrien was satisfied with his brief conversation with Marinette. It was good to talk to her.

Marinette was relieved when school was over. She wanted nothing more than to just go home. Not only was she still getting over her anxiety from her conversation with Adrien, she was wicked tired. Once she got home, she went straight to her room and collapsed into bed. Tikki came and sat on Marinettes dresser and grinned at the girl as she slept.

Marinette was jerked from her sleep when she heard her mom call her for supper. She sighed and got up and went downstairs to eat. Once supper was over she returned to her room, now she was woken up and felt no need to sleep. She sat at her desk and went and worked on her designs. Of course, that was cut short by a knock. She smiled slightly and she got up and let Chat Noir into her room.

"Good evening princess!" He greeted as she swiftly bowed.

"Good evening Chat Noir. What brings you here?" She asked.

"Well I just wanted to spend time with my princess." He said.

He grinned down at her. Her pigtails were ruffled and looked slept on. The too of them looked alarmed when they heard Marinettes mom call up to them all of the sudden.

"Your father and I are leaving for the night!" Marinettes mom yelled.

"Ok!" Yelled Marinette.

The two breathed a sigh of relief. Chat had just gotten here and they already nearly got caught. They waited a few moments before they heard the front door close.

"That was close." Said Marinette.

Chat nodded.

"Well, we've got the place to ourselves! Wanna watch a movie?" She suggested.

Chat grinned and told we yes. She grabbed his hand and pulled him downstairs to the couch. He took a seat and she sat by him and turned in the TV.

"What movie you want to watch?" She asked.

Chat thought for a moment. Then he remembered some girls in their class talking about this movie and a couple boys joined in too. Adrien had never heard of this movie but had taken a mental note of it and figured now was the perfect time to watch it.

"Titanic!" He proclaimed.

Marinette raised an eyebrow.

"Are you being serious?" She asked.

"Yes! I've never seen it and some kids in my class were talking about it and I want to know what it is!"

Marinette sighed. She almost said no but then saw the wondrous childish look in his eyes. She smiled and turned it on. She settled back into the couch and prepared for three hours of Titanic with an idiotic kitty.

Marinette heard Chat sniffle slightly. She looked over at him and saw tears spilling across his cheeks. She paused the movie and looked at him. Jack wasn't even dead yet and he already looked so upset.

"What's wrong kitty?" She asked.

"T-the mother was telling her kids a story, knowing it was their last chance to hear one." He said.

"Just play the movie." He said.

So she turned it back on. She looked at him again. It broke her heart to see him so upset, especially over a chick flick. She hesitated before wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"I thought you had boundaries," he muttered.

"I do, it just kills me to see you cry, especially over this." She said into his shoulder.

Chat knew this was why this is why he wanted to be closer to her. Cause of things like this. He rested his hands on where hers connected around him.

"Thank you princess. That mother reminded me of my own and how I miss her. And I appreciate this." He said.

She was crying too now. She heard the pain in his voice and she just wanted to hold him and tell him he was alright. And she never wanted to let go (haha never let go).