Chapter 3

Adrien bit his lip. Suppressing the need to turn around and stare at the girl behind him, he shook his leg. The thought of her behind him was making him nervous. He didn't know what it was and why it was happening, he just started to get this feeling about her. And last night solidified it. He was still madly in love with his lady, but he was feeling oddly drawn to Marinette. He knew for certain that he would visit her again. He had to.

Marinette was hardly expecting Chat to visit her again. She had just cracked open her sketch book when she heard him knock. Tikki hid quickly as Marinette welcomed Chat Noir into her room once more.

"What do you need kitty?" She asked.

"I've only come to visit my princess! Is that so paw-ful?" He asked with a smirk.

"Chat Noir, it's one thing for me to let you into my room, it's another for you to make lame puns in it." She declared.

Chats ears flopped down a bit. He pouted at her for a moment then his smirk returned as he slung an arm across her shoulder.

"So what's new princess?" He said.

"The only thing new is that I've decided to let a stray into my room, which I'm regretting." She said.

She removed his arm and stepped away from him.

"You wound princess!" He said.

"If I wound you then leave!" She said.

Chat snickered at her frantic gestures. She put one hand on her hip and pouted at Chat. He moved closer to her so that their chests touched.

"Tell me, what's so wrong with wanting quality time with you?" He questioned.

She felt his breath on her skin. His green eyes stabbed into her blue ones and she was frozen. Had Chat always been this good looking? Marinette backed up again, so much so that she bumped into her desk.

"There's nothing wrong with that, it's just out of the blue. The first time it was understandable, you were upset. I let the second time slide but now, now I'm not sure I'll allow it." She said.

A hurt expression crossed over his face. He backed up towards the window and his gaze fell to the floor.

"Sorry. I was just bored and I thought we were friends." He said.

"Oh Chat, we are. But you need to know your boundaries. You can always come hang out with me, but I'm not always comfortable with you getting so close to me." She said.

And by this she meant getting close physically and mentally. But she wouldn't let him know about the mentally part.

"Alright, I'll respect that princess. I never meant to offend or creep you out." He said.

And it was true. But Adrien wanted to test the limits of her, after all, he figured that was the best way to study his curiosity about her, his obsession.

"I'll go now princess." He said.

"Ok. But you can visit whenever." She said.

Chat offered her a smile then walked forward and grabbed her hand and kissed it. She didn't say if it was ok or not, but he figured it was worth a shot. She seemed fine with it so he made a mental note of that. He'd also made a note about the way she looked at him when he's gotten really close to her earlier.