Chapter 12

Ladybug  gritted her teeth as she dodged another blow from the akuma. This akuma was a particularly nasty one, it called itself Onyx Knife and it was well, a knife wielding akuma. The akuma had long black hair and wore a tight fitting black suit with knives made of onyx strapped to their body. Chat had already pointed out where the akuma was, it was in a knife that had never once left her right hand; she threw all the other knives with her left hand. As Onyx Knifes back was to her, Ladybug lunged to tackle her from behind, the akuma sensed this and whipped around and round-house kicked Ladybug and sent her flying off the rooftop they were on. Due to the wind being knocked out of her, Ladybug didn't have enough time to gather her senses before slamming against a wall and falling to the ground.

Chat Noir didn't hesitate to absolutely attack Onyx Knife after his lady was thrown. He clawed at her and left an angry red cut on her cheek and pinned her to the ground and viciously tore the knife from her hand. He slammed her head with his staff for good measure before taking the akumatized item to where Ladybug laid. Her eyes lids were half closed and her nose was bleeding. Cuts and bruises danced across her exposed skin and her pigtails had been ripped out of her hair.

"Ladybug, will you be able to cleanse the akuma?" He asked frantically.

She gave a weak nod before Chat smacked the knife against the wall and the akuma was released. Ladybug cleansed it and let the butterfly fly off. She was able to use her lucky charm which she hadn't used in battle to set things back to normal. The whole time she stayed in the ground, with Chat hovering over her. Pain was ripping through her head and her body felt like it was on fire.

"Ladybug," Chat breathed.

Tears filled his eyes as he watched the rising and falling of her chest become slower.

"Stay with me!" He cried.

He squeezed her hand only to receive a weak squeeze in return.

"I failed you," he whispered.

Ladybug wanted to say something to reassure him, but she couldn't. Her body stopped responding and she watched as her world faded to grey, then black.

Adrien paced his room. After Ladybug had passed out in the alley, she couldn't go to a hospital. Her transformation was about to wear off and no one could know her real identity. Of course, now he broke that rule. She was asleep in his bed, she was wearing his clothes too. Her kwami, Tikki had dressed her (with minor help from Plagg). It would've been inappropriate for Adrien to dress her, and besides, he was too shocked. Ladybug was near death in that alley, she was near death now. Of course, she wasn't just Ladybug. It was Marinette. The girl whom he was obsessed with, the girl he was now madly in love with. Adrien watched her small and slow breathing. It hardly looked like she was breathing at all.

"Adrien, she will get better." Tikki spoke softly.

Adrien turned to look at the small red kwami who sat on the desk beside Plagg.

"I can sense that she's recovering, although she sure is taking her time with this one." Said Tikki.

Adrien have the kwamis a reassuring smile. He could sense their worry about him and his lady, his princess. Adrien gazed at her one last time before going and laying down on the couch in order to sleep.

Marinette could feel herself white-knuckling life. But she could also feel herself slipping. Farther and farther, she was sinking. Plummeting. Drowning. Part of her so strongly desired to let go. Even though she had found love, even though her life was great, there was something small in the back of her mind that was telling her to give in.

Let yourself die

It coaxed to her. Beckoning her with a long bony finger. But then she watched as the finger switched to the warm hand of the boy she loved. She watched as Chat called to her to join him in death. She knew he wasn't dead. She remembered watching him in the alley leaning above. Chat was alive. And he certainly wasn't telling her to die. Marinette attempted to grip harder into life, she felt her skin burn as she resisted the pull of death. She felt ice cover mind as her grip faltered and she let go.

Down down down
Follow me and I promise to be sweet
They can't touch you
For it is only you and me
You were happy before
But now you'll be happier
Join me within this little death
Together we will release your last breath

I really love angst. And I want to try writing some. The first chapters were so sexy and I want to add more than just spice to this story! (And don't worry, Marinettes not dead...)