Chapter 7

It was finally the weekend. School wasn't something that Marinette particularly favoured, after all, there wasn't much to look forward to at school. But then again, it did have its perks. Either way, nothing could replace the sheer sense of dopamine she felt when she woke up Saturday morning realizing she could sleep all day if she wanted. Of course, Marinette had no plans to sleep all day. Luckily, she had the luxury of being able to stays in her night clothes so she didn't have to bother changing as she sat down and readied her fabrics. Tikki flew over and sat on Marinettes shoulder as she sewed a plum coloured ribbon to a lilac coloured shirt she was making.

"It's looking really good Marinette," said Tikki.

Marinette thanked her little friend for the compliment and then reached to grab the pastel purple strings he had sitting diagonal from her left hand. She drew her bottom lip between her teeth as her brow furrowed in concentration. She let out a cry of triumph as she was able to examine the finished project. She couldn't wait to try her creation on.

Adrien was bored. He was extremely and hopelessly bored. He willed his body to sink further into his white couch as he let out a loud sigh.

"Quit your sighing! I'm trying to eat!" Yelled Plagg from Adriens desk.

Adrien frowned and grumbled something under his breath. He rubbed his arms and dragged himself off the couch. He walked over and stood over Plagg with his hands on his hips. He sighed before saying,

"I'm sorry Plagg, transform me!" He yelled.

Plagg shrieked before being sucked into Adriens ring and Adrien transformed into Chat Noir. Chat leaped out his window and sprinted towards the only person who may be able to provide him with some form of entertainment. 

Marinette screamed as she heard the knock on her window. She was trying on the new shirt and was currently adjusting the bow. It was just pure luck that she had on a shirt, not to mention a bra. She whipped around and threw the window open, causing Chat to startle a bit.

"Woah sorry princess, bad time I'm guessing?" He said.

She grabbed him and yanked him inside. He stumbled before giving her a once over and meeting her gaze. Her hands were placed on her hips and she was giving him a stinging glare.

"Nice shirt princess, did you make it?" He said.

She rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Yes. Now what do you want?" She said hotly.

His gaze flicked up off of her purple shirt to her cold eyes.

"I was bored," he said.

His gaze fell from hers to the floor. She scoffed before saying,

"Why do you think I am? An entertainer? You can't just come here every time you're bored!" She almost yelled.

He winced and stumbled back a bit. Her gaze shifted into something a little more softer as she saw him almost cower at her words.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gotten so angry at you. Come, sit, I will go get some snacks." She said.

Chat Noir listened and took a seat on her chaise and waited patiently for her to come back. About a minute later she came back up with a plate of cookies, frosted to look like flowers. She took a seat on the chaise and left enough room to place the plate in between them.

"Thank you," he said.

She smiled at him and hesitated a bit before reaching out to stroke his arm.

"How are things at home Chat? You looked a little scared earlier," she said.

His eyes widened. Was his fear that obvious? He had to admit he had a bit of a thing when it came to yelling. His father yelled at him and other people so much it made him a more than a little frightened when he heard people yell at him, or others.

"Sorry princess, I guess I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to things like that." He said.

"Don't apologize. You can't help it if you're scared and I'll be sure not to yell at you. I'm sorry,"

"I forgive you." He said.

And he really did. He was grateful for her being so nice to him. Grateful for her kindness in this moment and her kindness in other times. He wasn't sure what he'd do without her.