Chapter 14

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you. Everything you do, I tell you all the time, heaven is a place on earth with you," -Lana Del Rey (Video Games)

Adriens feet gave out from under him as he felt the building rock. He watched as parts of the ceiling came crashing down and shelves fell.

"Adrien! Adrien we need to transform!" Cried Plagg.

Hauling himself to his feet, Adrien transformed into Chat Noir and crawled through the kitchen window.

Marinette was in the dark. She figured she was buried beneath the carnage and that she needed to find a way out.

"Tikki!" She called.

There was no answer. Frantically searching for a hint of light, Marinette failed to see anything in the darkness. Desperation set in as she started to scream for help. After what felt like forever, Marinette realized that she was truly alone that no one could help her. No one knew she was there.

Chat raced towards where the explosion was. While it was on the far side of the mansion, the damage it did was evident across the entire expanse of building. Chat Noir took a moment to talk with the police who were already there. They already had firemen out in the ruins of the mansion looking to see if anyone was caught somewhere. Chats brow furrowed as he looked at what had once been his home. His eyes widened as he looked at where his room had been. Had. Chat ran forward to where it should have been. He stood on the fallen concrete and looked around. Marinette. Marinette was in his room when the bomb hit. Chat Noir hadn't seen her over with the police. Chat hadn't seen Ladybug anywhere either.

"Marinette!!" He cried.

Tears threatened to spill over his cheeks. He had just almost lost her, and now she was gone again. This was wrong. If anything, he should be the one dying and she should live. She deserved to live.

Marinette could have cried at the sound of her name. It was muffled but it was enough to spark a little hope. She started yelling again.

Chat heard the yelling beneath him. It was weak and barely audible. If it weren't for his heightened senses, he may not have noticed it. It came from directly in front of him, if a little to the left and from under ruins of concrete. Chat ran to where the yelling was and he frantically pulled at the concrete blocks. They didn't move. He cried cataclysm and got rid of a large once eye piece, and it was enough to open up a little triangle of light into the pocket.

Marinette cried. She watched as light seemed to flood through where she was, even though the amount was small. As she saw Chat face appear, she made to go to him, but she couldn't. As she tried to stand she cried out in pain. Now for the first time, she noticed the burning in her side.

"Marinette don't move," she heard Chat say.

She felt her pulse quickening at what she saw. Blood. Blood pooling and dancing across her skin in elegant lines. Blood slipping between her fingers as she touched the long gash that ran from below her ribs to part way down her thigh.

"C-chat," she whispered.

He barely reached her before she fell. He caught and carried her up through the triangle, he was careful to make sure his hands weren't on her wound. Chat ran straight to the hospital. It would've been too long to wait for her to go with the ambulances at the mansion. Chat burst into the emergency room. He watched as they took her. He watched as she left. She left again and part of him knew that the chances of her coming back, were slim.

"I heard that you like the bad girls, honey is that true? It's better than I ever even knew, they say that the world was built for two." -Lana Del Rey (Video Games)

Lol