Chapter Twelve.

The longer i spent in the cell alone the more depressed i seemed to get, the more i felt taking my own life seemed like the right thing to do, I couldn't take it, i know I've been depressed for a while, since i was beat up that day by Nick a few days after being locked up, since then my life has gone from bad to worse.

The only thing that seemed to keep me going all this time was being with Jay, and then giving birth to Lilly.

Its those to that still keep me now from taking my life, if I didn't have them i wouldn't be here right now, but now... Now Jay's mad at me for Matt getting shot, but can i blame him? I mean it was my fault for Matt getting shot so he has a reason to be mad but while Lillys missing, Jays the only thing i have from loosing it completely, which now I can't even say that i have Jay to keep me together.

"What am i gonna do?" I said out loud to myself.

For the rest of the day i slept dreaming about death until i was woken by the door opening, dad came in and i was suprised to see Lilly in his arms, i jumped out of bed and ran to her taking her in my arms crying with love and relief.

"Oh thank goodness, my baby, mummys missed you so much"

"Mumma"

"Yes my beautiful girl" I smiled.

"How? How did you find her?" I asked dad, he walked over to the bed and sat down, wait is dad... crying?

"Dad what's wrong?" I sat down next to him and sat Lilly on my lap, dad looked away from me letting out a cry of pain.

"Dad, you're scareing me"

"I'm sorry sweetie, I don't mean to scare you it's just something's happened and I don't know how to say it"

"Just tell me straight"

"When I went to get your mother and daughter... I'm so sorry Sophia, you're mother didn't make it"

My mother is Dead? No! No she can't be, she brought me up since birth, she was always there for me no matter what, even when i was being arrested for killing Sophie's husband she was still there for me, that feeling of me wanting to kill myself just came crashing back ten folds, even with Lilly in my arms I feel as if my whole life just ended.

"Could you please take Lilly, give her to Jay, I'd like to be alone if that's ok?" Dad took Lilly from me then kissed me on the forehead.

"Sweetheart I'm so sorry" he said then walked out locking the door behind him.

(A/N: okay so i have a feeling you're gonna hate me in a minute hellangel0321 but i have to write it)

Max's POV... (Warrden)

After locking the door i lent up against it and held Lilly close to me and let out a silent cry, suddenly Lilly started crying because of me.

"Oh no I'm sorry please don't cry, poppys fine, come on lets go find daddy" I said walking out of the confindment hall, twenty minutes later I found Jay in the court yard sitting on a patch of grass watching some inmates play soccer.

"Jay?" I called he looked up and saw us coming, when i got to him i sat Lilly next to him then sat down as well.

"Where's Sophia?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"She wanted to be alone, I told her about her mother, she asked me to bring Lilly to you, she's still in the confindment hall"

"How'd she take it?" He asked.

"I don't know, she didn't cry, she didn't ask how or anything she just told be to leave with Lilly and that was it, it was strange, maybe I shouldn't have left her there alone"

"She probably just didn't want to be upset in front of Lilly, I'm sure she'll be fine"

"Sir?" I turned and luca the young guard was standing a few feet away.

"Yes?"

"Um you're needed by the doctor" i nodded then turned back to Jay.

"You'll be right with her wont you?" I asked he nodded turning to face Lilly giving her his full attention, i got up and followed Luca to the first aid room where the doctor was standing waiting for me.

"I need you to sign this" he said holding out a clip board and pen.

"What is it?"

"It's a form stating you've been told about the death of an inmate and that you're giving permission for the family to come and prepare for a funeral" he explained.

"Okay, but who died?"

"Matthew McCann" he said i looked up shock then turned to see the bed where a white sheet is covering the body, i walked over and moved it from his head and in fact it was Matt, Jays friend.

"When did he die?" I asked putting the sheet back over him then signed the bottom of the forms.

"About half an hour ago sir"

"Poor Jay, he really doesn't need this right now, after everything that's happened I was hoping for some good news, alright call his family here to start organising the funeral i better go give Jay the bad news, call me when they get here" the doctor took the clip board from me nodding walking to his phone while I walked out.

I was half way to the court yard when the alarm for the medic went off then my phone started ringing i picked it up straight away.

"Hello?"

"Sir come quick, Sophia tried to kill herself" my eyes widened in shock, i hung up and ran, i arrived at the court yard and all the inmates were laying on the ground with there hands above there heads, Jay had Lilly under him so she wouldn't crawl away.

I bent down and grabbed Lilly from under him and looked around, i found the inmate i was looking for and ran up to him i grabbed his collar pulling him to his feet the gave him Lilly.

"You watch her like a hawk you hear me" I demanded he didn't ask why he just nodded so i ran back to Jay pulled him to his feet and pulled him with me.

"Sir what's happening?" He asked.

"Sophia tried to kill herself" I screamed, the court yard grew silent and everyone turned to look at me.

"WHAT??" He yelled then ran faster, it took come time but we finally made it to the confindment hall guards were bunched up at the door looking in.

"Everyone move" i yelled, everyone moved immediately so Jay and i walked in, Sophia was unconscious on the floor with Susan doing CPR, the bed was sitting up vertically and the sheet was wrapped around the bars of the head of the bed with the end of the sheet tyed like a noose.

"Sophia?" Jay cried sitting next to her holding her hand.

"Where the hell is the doctor?" I yelled behind me at all the Guards that were watching on.

"I'm right here" he pushed his way threw the Guards and went to Sophia, Susan moved away giving him room, he checked for a pulse and frowned in consentration.

"Well? Is she alive?" Jay demanded.

"No, I'm so sorry"