Chapter thirteen

Jay's POV...

"No, I'm so sorry" the doctor said, Jay let out a loud cry of distress and I dropped to my knees near her legs.

"Please save her, i beg of you please, i just lost my wife I can't loose her too" the doctor looked pained at me but nodded none the less.

"Son I'm gonna have to ask you to sit back a bit"

"What but?" Jay cried not wanting to let go.

"Jay, do as he says" i said, he looked at me for a second before reluctantly letting go and sitting back, the doctor opened his case and pulled out a small defibrillator he powered it up then put two pads on her chest and side before getting into position.

"CLEAR" he yelled, we all sat back then watxhed as he pressed down on the pads and Sophia's upper half rose from the floor for a split second then went back down, the doctor lent over and listened for breathing.

He didn't say anything just got back into position taking a deep breath.

"CLEAR"

This went on two more times and still no response, the doctor didn't think it safe to try again so we knew we had lost her.

"Sir, after you and your son here says your goodbyes i would like some men to come and take her to my area away from anyone" the doctor asked, i nodded shaking his hand and watched him leave making a few calls.

Jay crawled back to Sophia tears streaming from his eyes grabbing her hand in his bringing it to his lips kissing it gently.

"Please come back to me baby, i love you so much, why didn't I see it before? Why didn't you tell me you were feeling this way I would have helped you, I would have done something, anything, please baby come back, what about Lilly? You can't just leave her" Jay couldn't stop talking, I think he blames himself though he shouldn't no one could have seen this coming, every time we were with her she was always happy she never showed signs of depression or suicide.

I moved to sit on the other side of her and grabbed her free hand, she looks so peaceful.

Why did is this happening, i loose my childred and my wife because of my parents and when i finally get my family back someone tries to kill my daughter, now i lost my wife and my daughter on the same day, now all i have is Lilly, and Jay is he still wants anything to do with me.

"Mr Keenan?" I looked up threw tears and the doctor was back and a man with a bed on wheels was with him.

"Oh right, sorry" i stood up and pulled Jay back a few steps with me, he was leaning up against me on wobbly legs crying repeatedly saying Sophias name.

They managed to pick Sophia up and put her onto the bed, the man grabbed a sheet and layed it over her entire body and head before wheeling her out.

"Follow me" i said to Jay, we watched as Sophia was wheeled away before i lead Jay to my office, sitting at her desk was my receptionist typing away though she stopped when we came.

"No one is to disturb us under any circumstances am I understood?" I say walking towards my office door.

"Yes sir" she replies, when Jay and i are in my office i close the door and walk to the couch, Jay comes and sits next to me.

"Why?" He asked after some time crying.

"I don't know, didn't you see any changes in her attitude resently?" I ask.

"No thats just it shes been happy this hole time I don't get it, what happened when you saw her?"

"Well, i told her about her mother she was upset though i was suprised about her reaction"