Chapter Seven

Jake's Point Of View

"See you" Zander Said before hanging up.

Minutes past and I sat there still holding onto the phone. My mind was processing everything that he just told me. Zander, my Zander, was coming home. In just a few weeks he would be here. The dial tone brought me back to reality. He wasn't my Zander anymore. He was anyone's Zander. He was a single free man and I was just his best friend or ex best friend at this point. But he wanted to talk to me when he got back. That had to be a good thing. Right?

I mean seriously if he was going to stop being my friend I doubt that he would have asked to talk to me. I'm glad I hadn't left to go after him like I planned; it would have been just awful if he came back and I wasn't here. But he's coming back. I couldn't keep the smile from my face any longer. I had a good feeling about this. But then again there is still Melody. What if he's planning on telling me that he's back with her? I'm not even sure if they ever technically broke up. I wonder how he's been.

He's been gone for months; I doubt that he's talked to anyone here since he left. He didn't really talk to anyone after the whole Zoey dying thing. I wonder how he's really doing. I mean he sounded okay but he's voice never did give away his true emotions. I mean you could slightly hear a difference but what really gave him away was his eyes. They just didn't light up that same when he was upset. He wasn't the same when he was upset. Besides he had always thought his voice gave him away well talking to me and I never told him otherwise. It was best he didn't know how I read his emotions so well. If he did he would know how to mask it and I would never know the truth.

He doesn't think he just let his emotions take control. But that is part of the reason why I love him so much. He had emotions unlike most other people I've met and he doesn't hide behind them. I mean he was the one who wasn't afraid to be affectionate with me when we were out in public. I was the one who had been scared to hold his hand in public for the first time. He was always so emotionally strong when we were together.

He always told me "I can't hide my feelings for you and I won't. I love you and that's all that matters." He has been the only one to ever say anything like that to me. No matter what happens when he gets back I know I'll carry memories like that with me for the rest of my life. During bad times I can look back at them and smile knowing that someone so perfect was once mine.

He's words will always mean something to me. The night drew on slow and uneventful. Of course after recent excitement I couldn't really expect anything else to be exciting. What's possibly better then the love of your life coming home?

Well I certainly can't think of anything, and if there is anything out there that's better it didn't happen to me. Mostly I sat on the computer listening to music and watched TV. I mean I do that all the time and it keeps me busy but tonight it just wasn't doing anything for me.

The minutes felt like hours. Time was at a standstill. I guess that's what happens when you are really excited about something that you have to wait for but seriously it sucks. I can't stand having to wait for long periods of time. Finally the hours passed day turned into night and I could finally feel myself slipping into sleep.

I let my eyes close and the blackness takes over. Moments later it was replaced by sweet dreams of Zander and I. Some of these dreams were memories of when we dated others were fantasies of what was to come when he got back.

All of them were good. All of them had Zander and I getting back together in the end. I felt as if I somehow knew that whatever Zander had wanted would end up good. For me at least. I can't say that it won't end badly for anyone when I know that Melody really truly did like Zander. But maybe in the months he has been away she found someone new, someone who wouldn't leave her.

Even though I know that she has been hiding something from Zander since the start I really hope we both get our happy endings. I would feel entirely awful if I stole Zander from her and left her with no one. On second thought even if she hasn't found someone I have a friend who would be perfect for her. Speaking of that I think they've mentioned an interest in her before. With that thought I completely fell into my fantasy world were everything ended perfectly. Maybe just maybe my fantasy world will become reality. Or at least somewhat like reality. I know it would as long as I get my Zander back.

He's the only reason I smile. He gave me hope and the courage I needed to come out of the closet. If it wasn't for him I would still be in there. Hell I would probably have been to Narnia by now. Or close enough to feel the snow from the White Witch. He got me out of my shell and made me comfortable with myself. He's shown me what love is. I couldn't ask for anyone better than him. I don't think anyone better exists. He's as close to prefect as anyone will ever get.

Which is why I should probably let him go and be with Melody so he can have a normal life. One that he won't ever regret having. One where he can have kids and stuff. I mean when it comes down to it what do I really have to offer him? Nothing besides my love but is that enough to keep him happy? To keep us happy together? I don't believe in divorce so I really hope that if he does love me it would be enough.

It would be amazing if he did, he was my first and only love. I don't think that I'll ever really move on from him. Even if he does break my heart to pieces and then runs it over with an eighteen wheeler. I'll always love him. Maybe not openly but I will always love him or at least part of me will. But I can hold a grudge if I wanted to. I know I could even if I haven't before I mean it can't be that hard.

I just have to be like 'oh hell no you didn't I ain't talking to you till you get your head on straight' or something. Yeah I could do that, I might not be able to pull off talking like that but I could hold the grudge. He should fear my grudge holding ability.

Rawr, I'm scary. How am I suppose to keep myself occupied waiting for him to get here? I mean I have days to wait and I'm already running out of patience. I have at least a week that I need to wait. I have to make plans or something otherwise I'll just be sitting around staring at my phone.

God that sounds boring. Why do we have to live in Alaska? I mean really is there anywhere else in the world that is this boring? No? I didn't think so. Couldn't he have called me when he was closer or something? He knows I'm impatient.

I bet that sly bastard did it on purpose just to get me all worked up. Well two can play at this game. But what if he was just excited and wanted to tell me? Ugh my subconscious is way too nice. This is going to be one hell of a week. I just hope it's worth it.