Chapter Twenty

I love you guys, even though you'll hate me for this. But like I've said in the past this has to happen. You'll understand in the end. So hate me if you must xP

Comment, vote, enjoy

Love

Zina :3

Zander's POV

When I heard the news I hoped it was a joke, a cruel terrible joke. But I knew it wasn't when I saw their stone cold faces. Something had gone wrong, something that we didn't know about, but we should have. There was poison laced in his blood, no one had checked for it. It didn't seem possible, there were no fatal wounds. He should have lived but he didn't

Everyone felt guilt coming down on their shoulders, we couldn't stop it because we all knew that in some way shape or form this was our fault. We also knew that in short we all had lied to Jake and now his guilt was eating him alive. I knew it was, I could sense it. But I also knew that this meant I wouldn't have to compete with Axel for Jake and that made me happy. It also caused my guilt to grow.

I was due to be set free as soon as my mom or dad came to collect me. As soon as I'm out I'm going to check on Jake. I have to find a way to ease his guilt; otherwise it will tear him apart. And I won't lose another loved one that way, ever if I have a say in it. But it was taking so long for them to get there and I was getting worried. My last encounter with Zoey kept replaying in my mind.

I got to her door and lightly pushed on it slowly it creaked open. I peered in to see Zoey lying on the floor violently twitching and bleeding. "Zoey" I said my mind was blown away" how could you? You promised" I shouted hoping to get some response but there was nothing. I started sobbing like a baby; the love of my life was dying. I quickly pulled out my cell phone and called an ambulance, hopefully they would arrive in time. I looked around trying to get an explanation on what happened. I saw an empty jug of bleach a bloody razor and a half empty bottle of apple juice lastly I spotted a note.

Dear anyone who gives a shit,

Thanks for caring but this is the only option, my parents would have done the same thing if they were in my shoes. It was nice to meet all you kind people in my life, but some of us just aren't meant for the life they are given. I hate everything that has happened since my parents' death, there is no need for me to be here anymore. I'll see you in the next life

Goodbye forever

Zoey

I saw Zoey's body lying twitching violently; slowly she morphed into someone else, Jake.

I heard a door creak open and snapped out of that terrible vision. My parents entered the room, looking relieved I was happy but their eyes held sorrow. Sorrow for the kid they never met who died and for his family who doesn't know still. I was discharged a few minutes later and after begging for ten minutes convince my parents to drop my off at Jakes house.

I opened the door to his house only to be greeted by silence, my panic started to rise. It was happening all over again. The panic started to overtake as I walked up the stairs to Jake's room. I started to walk fast and fast, keeping my footfalls as silent as possible so he wouldn't detect me coming and do anything irrational.

The closer I got to him the more the panic increased. I finally reached his door and with a slight pause stared at the handle. During my moment of indecision I heard a noise that would change my life forever. A gun went off.