Chapter Sixteen

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I did. Leave a comment telling my what you think, if you hate it, love it or hate me. please I need something that will help me improve

Peace

Zina

Jake's POV still in flash back

He didn't respond to my question, he was just trying to punk me. I knew that something like this was too good to be true. But my heart wouldn't listen; it was still on a high from his kiss. It was singing to me about how things were going to start looking up because Zander liked me too.

I faintly heard him whispering my name, but I couldn't bring myself to respond. My heart wouldn't stop whispering hopeful messages to me. It wouldn't accept that my brain was right. I felt something get close to my face, something soft touch my lips. I knew it had to be Zander, my brain yelled to pull away but my heart took over and I found myself kissing back with all my might.

I came back to reality, Zander was willingly kissing me. No straight guy would willingly kiss a guy twice, when they are alone. I pulled back slightly to look in his eyes. They were darkened with lust and longing, my heartbeat doubled at that sight.

"Jake, be mine?" Zander asked. Even though he kept it short and simple it was perfect. It was exactly what I wanted him to say.

"Yes." I whispered, before kissing him again.

End of flashback

I pulled out of my mind to realize that Melody was talking to me. I had been zoning out a lot recently, trying to decide whether or not I should give Zander another chance. But I couldn't get any alone time to think. There was always someone around making noise, or something that stopped my concentration.

I got up and walked out of the room without a word. I knew it was rude but I couldn't take the noise anymore. As soon as I stepped foot out of my house I ran off towards the only place I knew I could have some quiet time, the abandoned theater. It seemed like the most appropriate place to think about this.

I got there in a matter of minutes. I headed for the balcony, just in case anyone else came in. I would be able to see who they were and if needed escape pretty fast. I let my mind wander and explored the possibilities.

I could give him a chance and he could leave me for someone else again

I could give him a chance and we could stay together for a long time and I might find someone else

I could give him a chance and we could just stay together

I could not give him a chance, lose him and never know

I let my mind go and explore these options. I was so focused I didn't realized anyone else came in, until they spoke to me that is.

"So, I'm guessing you're here to think to?" said the intruder. Who happened to be very attractive. Which probably wasn't going to help me think about Zander or what I was going to do.

"Yep" was my reply. I tried to go back to thinking and focusing but he distracted me, again.

"I'm Axel, you?"

"Jake"

"So, what are you thinking about? Maybe I could help somehow."

"No offense or anything but why would I spill my guts to someone I just met?" was my slightly harsh reply, but seriously who would do that and besides he kept interrupting me. I might have had everything figured out by now if he hadn't.

"Well, because talking to someone helps, at least most people. I know it's helped me in the last few months" Was Axel's unfortunately clever reply. I had nothing to argue against this, so I simply gave in and started to tell him my sob story.

I watched his eyes as my story unfolded, they had a comforting effect on me. They were calm and strong but deep with understanding. I knew he had something he wanted to share with me, something that would possible help me though everything. But I never expected what he had to say.