Chapter twenty six

Jake's POV

"Zander please you can't die, I won't let you. If you die I'll never forgive myself." I was pleading to Zander who was unfortunately still in a coma. I was running out of time to keep him alive, I had about a month left before they had to pull the plug, but nothing seemed to be helping him. I had tried everything, talking to him, holding him even kissing him hoping for some type of reaction but I got nothing. It was like he was already dead. My hope was running thin.

"Zander please listen to me I love you and I need you here with me. I don't know what caused you to get in this coma but I can't go on living without you. I can't live thinking that I caused you to somehow end up dead. This is all my fault I just need you to wake up. Please I love you."

Once again there was no reaction, not even a slight twitch. He was as lifeless as ever and I couldn't stand to see it anymore. I wipe the tears that had run down my cheeks gathered my stuff and ran out of there. I didn't look back, I couldn't. Nothing I was doing was helping and I couldn't stand to just sit by and watch anymore.

I couldn't take being there, being so close and not being able to do anything. I couldn't deal with the daily pain of not seeing any signs of improvement, and I couldn't deal with all the guilt I felt. His coma occurred at my house, just inside my room. Something had to have set it off, something that he would find traumatizing but what? I had just woken up when I found him so there had to be some other missing piece to this. Some little piece that we were all looking over.

I tried to brainstorm things that could have been important that we just missed but I came up with nothing. We had gone over everything that could have been important, but none of this added up. We knew that he was living and they always found lots of brain activity, which normally is a sign that he would be getting better, but he was still in a coma. Even the doctors couldn't understand, it was like he lost the will to live for some reason unknown to us.

He wouldn't be able to live without the life support though. If he didn't start to improve soon they would take him off of it. It's almost been a year that he's been out, he should have improved by now but he hasn't. Maybe it was hopeless maybe he wouldn't get better.

I couldn't change what had happened and I couldn't stop what was coming even if I wanted to. I just had to learn to deal with all the curve balls life throws at me. Sometimes the things that you expect to have you don't get; the things you think will always be there suddenly aren't. it was part of growing up and it was part of moving on.

Maybe Zander would get better, but if he didn't I would have to face it, deal with it and move on with my life. Somehow no matter what happens I know I will get through all the pain that I'm given. One day everything will make sense but for tonight I'll lay in my bed crying and hoping and praying to god that Zander manages to pull through this. He has so much to live for. But I know that life will do what it wants, it comes and goes and maybe it just happens to be Zander's time. Maybe there was a reason to this all, one day I'll know for sure.

Hey guy this is the last offical chapter of this story, :'(, i didn't plan on it ending this way but i'm happy with it in a sense. this really reflects my mindset on why things happen in life and i really want to dedicate this chapter to my boyfriend who supports me through everything. I also want to dedicate this whole stroy to everyone who's read and supported me, without you guys i probably would have never gotten this far into it. I might post an epilogue to this, i'll update on that later but if you aren't following me just check it out at somepoint in maybe a week or so. If not i should have a new story up by then. Hopefully you check that out. I'm not sure if i'm going to start writing a new one or work on one i've already started. But anyway thanks for reading and comment with your opinion. I love you guys <3