Chapter Thirteen

I'm apologize for the lack of quality in this chapter. I literally just finished writing half of it. In-between writers block and being grounded for three days this isn't my best work. But I wanted to give you guys something because you've all be so great.This story seems to be my most loved, by far and i don't want to disappoint you. I'll try to make up for it in the following chapters and i do plan on posting the rest of  'The Blind Man' at some point today. (for all of you that have read that) In a hope to make up for this chapter. Anyway i hope you enjoy it regardless.

Zina

Zander's POV

I knew I should have kept my filthy hands to myself. I knew that he would run away from me thinking that I just wanted him as a fuck buddy. I should have explained first, I knew I should have but I didn't. Now I have no way to talk to him. He's been avoiding Facebook and all his other social networking sites, shut off his phone and refuses to either answer the door when I come around or answer his landline when I call. I knew that this would freak him out; I just didn't realize he would go to this extreme.

I just wanted a chance to explain myself, and apologize for doing that with him. I knew I could get through to him, I knew somewhere deep inside that he would understand. But I wasn't going to give up without a fight. I would do anything for him, even the cliché of walking to the end of the world. I know that we would be able to be together happily for as long as we have on earth. I just need to convince him of this.

Even though he hasn't been responding to what I've wrote, if he's even seen it. I've been trying and hoping to get through to him for over a week now, but he's not having it. Even when I try to go to his house and talk to him face to face he makes up some excuse for his mom to tell me. I can't wait for school to start to talk to him. I have to think of something outside the box to get his attention and explain everything to him. But I couldn't do it alone. I needed some reinforcement, someone to get on the inside and get the scoop. Someone he would never expect.

I knew that this was seemingly impossible to pull off; he probably won't even let Melody walk up to him. But I had to try. He would never suspect Melody to report back to me. He's probably convinced that she hates me because he thinks I cheated on her with him. Considering I never got around to telling him about our breakup.  But I had gotten Melody to work with me. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

I had to wait for a few days before I would be able to hear back from her, but that won't stop me from trying to get to him another way. There has to be something else out there that I can do in case this doesn't work. I needed and extra back up plan, one that showed creativity and my love.

I knew that there was something else I could do; it was in the back of my head trying to fight its way out against the clutter. But it was just too far back for me to reach it. I knew I would think of it when I was least expecting it. I would just have to be patient. Besides Jake's love was worth a life time of waiting for. Maybe he's just not ready for another relationship with me. I need time to prove myself to him, and that's what I plan on doing.

But first I need to get him to trust me. Then I just prove myself a little bit everyday through small acts. I'll start small and go big. It might take a few months or more to win him over but that's what I plan on doing. I won't give up on him for anything.

 I had a basic outline for my plan, now I just had to add a few details then I would be ready to put the plan into action. Now to gain his trust back I had to explain my action and apologize a thousand times to him, without seeing him in person. He wouldn't let me near him for anything, I knew that. But I also know that he was craving an explanation. If he could get one without having to see me he simply wouldn't be able to resist.

Jake was also a sucker for romance, probably because he was always the 'girl' in our relationship. If I could mix everything together the temptation would be too much for him to resist. It would also make him more likely to understand and forgive me. A letter would work perfectly. It has a Victorian romantic quality to it, it's spontaneous, an explanation, and he doesn't have to see me. It would be perfect.

I sat down to start drafting my letter. It had to be perfect, it had to show effort. Otherwise he would think I didn't care. Luckily enough, English was my best subject, so it wouldn't take me days to write this and mail it to him. But that wouldn't stop me for triple checking my work. I had no room left for any mistakes, this was my only chance to get through to him and I was going to make the most out of it.

Three hours and five drafts later I had the best letter I could manage. I couldn't imagine it any other way; I just hoped it would show him everything I hoped it would. I saved it one last time, just to make sure it wasn't deleted or messed up and headed to bed. First thing tomorrow I would send it.

After printing the letter and folding it perfectly, I headed out to the post office. It wasn't too far from my house so I decided to walk. Besides I could use the exercise. The weather was mild for Alaska, it was just starting to warm up from the coldest part of the year, which was nice. It only took ten minutes to get to the post office and mail the letter out to him.  On the walk home my words rand through my head.

'Dear Jake,

I know your aren't happy with me right now, but please hear me out. I just want to explain what happened and how sorry I am....'