Chapter Ten

This on is for Stayawake21 for being my 7th fan, and I'm sorry that this took forever to do :/ But I hope you know that it really means a lot to me everrytime someone fans me:) and seven is my favorite number so that just makes you cool xP

Hope you all enjoy this one, I think youll be shocked about the ending. Or you'll just really want the next chapter ;) either way i hope you like it, and vote or comment. Since I'm nearing 400 reads, every chapter I write is going to mean a lot more to me.

Zina

Jake’s POV

I knew what I had to do but I didn’t want to. I had to stay strong and stick to my plan; it was the right thing to do. Nothing could stop me, I wouldn’t let anything. I spent all last night prepping myself for what I was about to do and there was no turning back now. As Dumbledore once said, ‘It’s our choice that show who we truly are’. I know that isn’t the full quote but it has truth. I had to do this even though it will cause some pain to myself. It was better of this way.

Zander had asked me to meet him at the old theater for twelve. It had been empty for years but it still had working heating. Zander and I spent more of our younger years running around in there. You never knew what you would find in there and we both loved adventures. So naturally we spent o=hours scooping that place out for any lost treasures. I still have some of the ones we found together. The theater was a signal of our friendship and in recent years our love. I hadn’t been to it since Zander and I broke up, it had been too painful. Even driving by it made my heartache worse.

 From the fact we were going to ‘talk’ there I could assume what was going to happen. I had really known all along but I didn’t have any type of proof. This though, this was proof. I figured it out last night when he texted me the meeting place and time. I spent hours thinking of what I should do and how I should react.

But I knew from experience you never know how you will react. Even if you plan it all out. But I know I have to be strong and fight against my heart and do what I knew was right. My heart would do the wrong thing I had to keep following the path I was on. God only knows where I’ll end up if I stray from it. God only know what would happen to my heart. I can’t take the risk of that heartbreak again.

I couldn’t function when Zander left me. There was nothing left for me to do. I couldn’t function without my best friend and love of my life not on my side. But I finally have learned how to do so and I refused to go back to that piteous sate. I would do most anything thing for him but for once I had to be selfish and do something for me. I know that he didn’t love me; he couldn’t since he left me for Zoey.

Time passed quicker then I had hoped for, I had wanted more time to think. Not that there really would have been more time but it could have seemed like it. Fully bundled in my winter cloths I headed out in to cold air that made up Alaska. The abandoned theater was just a few feet away from my house so I wouldn’t be out here long. But I knew from experience that the cold air sinks into your skin fast. To not bundle up would be a death wish.

The theater didn’t seem to be an abandon building; somehow it maintained its prior presence. The lights still functioned. The walls still seemingly had fresh coats of pain and nothing was falling apart; aside from what was created in this place. That was about to be broke much more than it had been and unlike the building there was no way to fix it. The cracks in our friendship and love were to deep to fill. We drift to far apart and now we had to face the truth of our actions.