chapter 8: THE SORTING

Harry, Hermione and Ginny arrived at Hogwarts and stepped out of their carriage, stretching their legs after the long journey. Harry usually loved taking in the breath taking scenery that built up Hogwarts but this year, the energy surrounding the great caste did not seem as positive as usual. Harry and his friends began the walk up the steps to the great hall. Harry was pleased to see the beautiful decorations that filled the great hall and every year he would admire the great scarlet banners that hung above the Gryffindor table but this year, he was admiring the marvellous emerald banners that were embolized with a great silver serpent. Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna did not need to sit down to watch the sorting, because before they had a chance, Dumbledore had an announcement to make. " Before the Sorting Ceremony begins, I would just like to call up the names of 5 older students who like to be resorted into new houses.", said Dumbledore. There were confused looks from the other students around the great hall. Professor McGonnagal stood up from her seat and walked over to the battered, old sorting hat and picked it up. " Hermione Granger, would you please sit on the stool and I will place the sorting hat on your head", said McGonnagal who did not look very happy that 5 of her Gryffindor students were being resorted. She grimly placed the hat on Hermione's head and let him do his job." mmmmm not Gryffindor eh? Better be... SLYTHERIN!!!!!!!", the sorting hat shouted. The Sytherin table boomed with applause that made the great hall shake and dust fell from the ceiling. Harry, Ginny, Luna and Neville were sorted into Slytherin as well. Professor snape was the only teacher who looked happy about this. Even Dumbledore looked as grim and the storm that was raging outside the castle walls.