Chapter 12: quidditch

Harry woke up earlier than he needed to and decided to go down to the common room and sit by the fire for awhile. It was Harry's second day back at school and also his second day as a Slytherin. Harry was about to sit down when he noticed a piece of paper on the Slyltherin notice board. He walked up to it and read,
' Slytherin Quidditch trials. Friday night 6pm.' Harry had already made up his mind. He was going to take Gryffindor down this season. The next few days were uneventful and passed by slowly but finally Friday evening arrived. Harry, and the rest of the Slytherins trudged down the the quidditch pitch and mounted their brooms. Harry could see Hermione, Neville and Luna watching from the stands. Harry was trying out for seeker, Ginny was trying out for chaser and Draco was also trying out for seeker... Harry flew up into the air and waited for the snitch to be released. All of a sudden there was a ' whoosh' sound as all of the balls were released. Harry caught sight of the snitch straight away, he soared past Malfoy and caught the struggling snitch in his fist. Everyone cheered and agreed that Harry was the Gryffindor seeker, Draco was a beater and Ginny was the chaser. All of a sudden, a red blur flew past Harry, nearly knocking him off is broom. Harry recovered himself and whipped around to see Ron , a smug grin on his face. " looks like I'm going to be the Gryffindor seeker this year", he said. " you think I care whether you're seeker? Ha I could beat you in my sleep Weasley and you know it. Good luck keeping up with me on that old broomstick", shouted Harry. Ron turned bright red. Harry turned around and flew away, leaving the angry Gryffindors in his wake.