chapter 17: The rebellion

*Once again guys I'm really sorry for the slow updates. In all honesty I wasn't really sure where I wanted to go with this story or whether I wanted to keep writing it or not, but I finally came to the conclusion that I am going to carry on with the story and I think I have finally figured out what direction I want the story to go in. So now I can get updates to you guys faster because I actually know what to do now*

Harry's hand shook as he walked down the corridors of Hogwarts. All was silent, except for the distant mumbles and snores of the painted portraits hanging on the stone walls. The corridors were deserted and with no lamps or torches lit, Harry was alone in the dark. He shuddered and lifted his wand before muttering "Lumos". A bright light suddenly flared up from the tip of his Pheonix feather wand, igniting the corridor. Harry was terrified. He wanted to prove to Tom that he was loyal, but he didn't want to do this! How could he? How could he be expected to do such a thing? Everyone else had been given simple tasks. Simple things like: "destroy the great hall" and " cast a curse on a book" or " cast the dark above the castle after Harry had completed his mission". Harry scowled. His friends didn't realise how lucky they were. They had all complained about their tasks but at least non of them had been asked to kill someone. He didn't know what he was going to do when he arrived at his destination. I mean how could he possible look them in the eye as he took their life? How could he possibly kill- "Put that light out!"

Harry was snapped abruptly out of his thoughts. Startled by the sudden voice, he whipped around to see the dusty old men in the paintings shielding their eyes from the harsh light. "Did you hear me? I said put that light out!", snapped an old man, adorned with a dark purple nightcap and a matching robe. Harry rolled his eyes, scoffed and carried on walking down the corridor, the light of his wand casting an eerie glow and making shadows dance across the walls. He gripped his wand tighter until his knuckles turned white, as he tried to stop his hands from shaking. Finally, he reached his destination. He whispered the password and the door swung open. He crept silently up the cracked stone staircase and pushed the door open quietly. Somebody was already waiting on the other side of the door, and Harry found himself staring into the piercing blue eyes of Albus Dumbledore.

*Sorry it's short and sorry for the sort of cliffhanger there but I'm gonna try upload the next chapter tomorrow so you guys don't have to wait too long. Can you tell what's happening? I know it's kind of sloppy and all over the place but I hope you understand