Chapter 18

(sorry for not updating guys. I know, I suck at updating and I couldn't decide what to write but now I have some free time so I'm writing the next few chapters)

Harry stepped inside of the office, not taking his eyes off Dumbledore. "Harry?", Dumbledore spoke weakly. "What are you doing here?", he questioned, but the grieved look in his blue eyes gave Harry the impression that the Headmaster knew exactly why Harry was there. Harry raised his wand in a threatening manor and stepped further inside of the office, shutting the door quietly behind him. "You know why", Harry stated in a cold voice, preparing himself for what was about to come. Dumbledore sighed sadly and closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose between his finger and his thumb. He put his head down. "I shouldn't have lied to you", he whispered, regret filling his voice. "I knew from the start that what I was doing was wrong but...You have to understand, Harry, that everything I did was to protect you". Dumbledore's voice broke. Harry slowly lowered his wand as he took in the image in front of him. The weak, crumpled man who was shaking as his body was racked with sobs of guilt and regret. Harry felt sympathy for the man, until he remembered. Remembered everything that he had been through because of this man. The abuse from his aunt and uncle, the lack of love growing up, and the lack of parents to tell him that he was loved. This broken man, slouched in front of him had been the cause of all of that. It was all his fault. Rage bubbled in Harry, a red hot fire blazing inside of him, scorching all of his senses. He raised his wand with a new found confidence and pointed it at Dumbledore. "I grew up without my parents because of you", Harry spat, his voice dripping with venom. "I grew up thinking that I had nobody! No friends, No family, No one.", he shouted. "That's all your fault!" Dumbledore raised his head weakly to look at Harry, a pleading look in his eyes. "Harry, please..." Harry turned his head to the right, focusing on one of the old, cracked antique paintings on the wall instead of the pleading man. "Avada Kedavra", Harry muttered, his eyes filling with tears, turning his vision into a wobbling photo of grief. There was a brilliant flash of bright green light, and Dumbledore crumpled to the ground, dead before he even hit the ground. 

Harry wiped the tears away from his eyes with the sleeve of his robes. He looked around the office slowly, taking it all in one last time. The old portraits of Headmasters seemed to be frowning down on him with pity. He glanced at the old trinkets that Dumbledore kept on his dusty, cluttered desk. The spy glass, that had always fascinated him, the small glass bowl of vibrant yellow sherbet lemons, the half drunken cup of tea and the pair of half boon glasses sitting on top of a scattered pile of paper. Finally, his eyes landed on the stand in the corner of the room. Perched on the stand, looking down sadly at his deceased friend, was Fawkes, Dumbledore's pheonix. The bird straightened up suddenly and took off out of the open window and into the starry night, his feathers shining like flames fueled by the wind. Harry gazed intently out of the window. Floating above the castle was the dark mark, scorched into the sky. Harry turned on his heel and slowly walked out of the office, refusing to look back. He walked out of the castle and to his new master, Fawkes singing a mourning song that carried across the wind in the distance.