Chapter 2

When we finally arrived I was more than ready to get away from Edwick.

Five whole hours being stuck with nothing but his perverse advances and that endless stash of rancid smelling cigars! A second longer and I would've jumped through the window.

However, for the sake of this mission, and my pride, I gracefully - or as gracefully as one could be after being sat for such a long time - exited the car and held the door until Edwick shimmied out and waved at a few cameras stationed around the hotel entrance.

Two porters rushed to the car and grabbed our things, disappearing again like puffs of smoke.

Suddenly Edwick grabbed my waist, making me shiver in disgust. "My darling, you'll have to help me to my room, the journey took a lot out of me." He looked up at me, having to crane his neck to meet my eyes.

I nodded, not trusting my voice, and led him towards the hotel trying to retain an air of professionalism as the sound of camera snaps increased ten-fold. I could see the headlines: Human Chancellor Edwick Gains Another Harlot? Gold Digger? Sugar Daddy Strikes Again!

I tried to hurry my pace, unfortunately he seemed to want to show me off like a trophy and took his time.
Slowly but surely we managed to get inside, immediately a clerk bustled up to us and handed us both a set of keys. Whilst Edwick seemed intent on staring at the chattering lady's chest, I took in her appearance and immediately noted she was a vampire or at least a dhampir- red eyes, pale skin and every time she smiled wide enough her fangs would appear over her red lipstick, the shade the same colour as the lobby carpet.

Seemingly bored with staring, the old perv decided it was finally time to leave the well endowed clerk to her job, of course not without an indiscreet offer to join him later. Feeling antsy and not just a little fed up I gave the chancellor a slight pull towards the elevator.

"What's the rush my darling? We still have plenty of time." He asked as we came into the claustrophobic death-trap and pressed our floor number.

"Nothing." I replied shortly, mentally glaring at him in the mirror as he eyed my behind.

Abruptly, Edwick gasped turning to look at my face. "My darling, don't tell me you got jealous over that young lady out there?"

How long would my jail sentence be if I broke his jaw?

"No sir, of course not. I'm just tired and would like to retire before the meeting."

The old bastard actually had the gall to look relieved! And was that steam coming out of my ears?

He opened his mouth to say something but the doors opened to reveal two huge men in suits. An awkward silence filled the air as their overpowering auras swamped the tiny space, it was almost suffocating. I could feel eyes on the back of my head. In the mirror I saw their noses flare and eyes glass over- definitely werewolf, large structures, impressive bulk, had the ability to speak telepathically to their pack and they always hit the genetic jackpot when it came to looks.
By the thickness in the air and the way they held themselves, I'd say one is a delta and the other is possibly an beta- here for the peace meeting?

"So Joseph, your alpha isn't going to show his face again this year?" Edwick said politely with a snappy underline in his voice. This idiot! Is he trying to start a fight?

"He has other business to deal with." Joseph, the taller one of the pair, said curtly.

"Hmm, shame. I wonder if some day we can have proof he actually exists." After today I might accidentally let these wolves get a punch in.
The other wolf took a step forward and growled before Joseph stuck his arm out to halt him and scowl at Edwick, who seemed overly smug with himself.

Thank all my lucky stars, the doors opened to reveal our floor, I quickly ushered Edwick out. For curtseys sake, I turned and bowed my head a little towards the two imposing figures, slightly taken aback when they returned it with polite smiles.

My room was directly opposit Edwick's. Turning towards him I put my hand out and retrieved his room key, I began to do a customary sweep around the room, quite luxurious indeed, it even had a TV - which was quite rare today.
Soon I gave the room the all clear and left Edwick; "If you need anything call me, I'll be in my room. At half three I'll come get you so we can go." I said as politely as possible.

"So diligent my darling, I'll have to request you for my next outing." He laughed, turning into his room, I smiled with stiff cheeks and moved towards my own room muttering "Like hell you will."

My room was almost identical to the chancellors; a smaller sized bed was all that set them apart. Glancing at the wall clock I decided I had enough time to shower before the meeting, so I went to clean the abhorrent smell of cigars off my skin.

_____________________________________________________

Later, when I had finally gotten the old man into the car again and we had made the all important voyage to the House of Peace, a miracle had happened. Chancellor Edwick had sobered into a business like less perverse man. This time when we exited the car, he didn't parade around like the king of England, instead he walked past the cameras with a stony face and stiff upper lip. Even when a young lady came to escort us to our seats, his eyes didn't wonder.

Looking around the room, I spotted a few familiar faces, two of which stood out - the werewolves from earlier were across the room from us sifting through a file of papers. Almost as if they felt my eyes on them, both looked up and smiled before their eyes turned glassy again and they carried on looking at the papers. A few seats across a pale vampire with wine coloured irises made eye contact with Edwick, it looked like they were having a silent conversation.

Everything was a little out of my comfort zone here to say the least. I'd take a battle field over this any day; it was plain creepy and despite it being a 'Peace Meeting' the air had a malicious chill.