Chapter 13

I had always been quick to wake, a side affect of living through the war I suppose, but today the call of sleep beckoned me like it had never done before. It whispered in my ear, down my neck and back, all the way to my toes - go back to sleep, submit again.

Despite the drowsy caress, I opened my eyes and blinked away the common fuzziness, quickly soon after realising I was encased in the muscled cage of a sleeping Adams arms. I fidgeted, not quite liking the sticky hotness that radiated from Adam, I tried to remove the arms plastered against my waist only for them to tighten and bring me impossibly closer to the living radiator. I huffed and glowered at the tanned pectoral I was pressed against, to be held in your sleep was a sweet thought however when it felt like you were led in a pool of your own sweat, the thought may have been best left in girlish fantasies. As if responding to my frustration Adam groaned and loosened his arms enough for me to wiggle out of his iron grasp.

Now free, I sat on my hunches beside the pile of furs that Adam slept in, still completely oblivious to the world as told by the soft snores. He must of been exhausted, the bags under his eyes didn't suit his youthful face. I ended up admiring him for a while before taking note of the cold sticking to my damp clothes.

Eyeing the passage to the spring and then Adam, I quickly weighed some risks; deciding it would be fine I quietly took another shirt and towel from the chest and went for the spring. Only looking back for a brief second, biting my lip- I would be back before he was even awake.

My bare feet made quick work of the passage, and hands even quicker work disrobing myself. Without an ounce of hesitation, I strolled into the water, enjoying the scolding feeling. Waiting until I got to the centre, where my feet no longer touch the ground, of the pool until I submerged my head; remerging to flick my hair back out of my face, a childish smile lighting my face in carelessness.

I was resting on the side of the bank, still half under the water and staring at the blue sky above when I noticed the bag Joseph had given me out of the corner of my eye. It was strewn off to the side, curious to its contents I lifted myself out of the water, ignoring the shiver that danced down my spine, with wet steps I grabbed the bag and brought it back to the edge of the bank where I sat and dangled my feet in the water.

The simple cotton bag held things common to that of a ration bag I'd give out to the people in the human sectors. However the items seemed more refined and expensive, some toiletries, medical supplies, tea bags, a few undergarments and a bottle labelled hair oil that smelled faintly of lemon.

Just as I was about to lather my hair with the delicately scented oil, Adam burst out of the tunnel. Chest heaving, eyes flickering from black to hazel and hands gripping the stone wall, which grumbled like chalk beneath his fingers.

Shocked at his sudden appearance I didn't have time to cover myself before I was swept up in a constricting hug; my legs instinctively wrapping around his waist so my chest would not be crushed.
He whined burying his face in my neck, his breathing heavy. My hands played with his hair with out my knowing, detangling some of the endless knots.

"I didn't know where you were." He breathed, voice strained, "I panicked, sorry..." Adam said pulling away, again pressing his forehead to mine - it must've held some kind of symbolic meaning to him.

"Sorry, I should've woken you up, you were just too hot-" I stopped myself, knowing as soon as it left my mouth that I had worded it completely wrong.

My cheeks immediately flushed as a grin spread across Adams face, show casing his perfectly straight albeit slightly on the sharp side white teeth, before his voice lowered an octave and he looked into my eyes, "If I'm hot, then you're gorgeous." He winked, pressing our bodies closer together. To which I squeaked- squeaked- and basically tore my hands out of his hair and crossed them over my breasts in a attempted at modesty. He groaned letting me down to hold his abused scalp.
"Ouch." He pouted as I retreated to the water. The scalding water only feeling warm compared to my cheeks as I kept my chin under the water, leaving my eyes to half glower at him.

He looked over to me, a sheepish look creasing his brow, "Uh, sorry forgot humans didn't like the casual nudity." he went to walk away, suddenly the feeling of guilt welled up in my chest. I'd probably given him a heart attack then almost ripped out his hair when he complemented me...

"Wait." I called, wading to a shallower section, where the water sloshed just under my belly button but arms still crossed over my torso, "Your hairs a mess, and I've got this oil..." I averted my eyes down at the murky water - rich in minerals - and left the question open, finding it slightly awkward.

The water splashed as he entered, I didn't look up until he was beside me, bottle in hand. "I'd like that." He smiled softly. I smiled up at him, hesitantly loosening my arms; I was startled by the hand that halted me.
"Don't do anything you're uncomfortable with, I don't want that kind of relationship." He said sternly.

That was the thing though, I was comfortable, so insanely comfortable that it felt uncomfortable. This bond was odd and even more so to the human norms.

And, despite his words, I turned arms falling to my side and moved to a place where a jut of rock leaned into the water like an almost seat under the surface. I sat and motioned fro Adam to come close. He looked shocked at first, but his face soon softened into a relaxed look as he came and sat between my knees, kneeling in the shallow spring and reclining comfortably with arms draped over my thighs. At this point the close contact was undeniably sending heated blood around my body, but I tried to pay it no mind instead taking an amount of oil in hand and applying it through his hair the best I could.

Starting at the tips I attempted to untangle the knots as gently as I could, despite my efforts Adam had yelped when a particularly tough one had refused to budge and I, admittedly in frustration, had resorted to some brute force.

It didn't take nearly as long to straighten out his locks as I had first thought. Now we sat in pleasant silence as I massaged some more oil into his scalp and Adam absentmindedly stroked up and down my thigh. The heavily misted air smelled of lemon and I could tell we had both been lulled into a kind of meditative calmness.

What an odd situation I had found myself in. One day I'm a body guard then I'm giving a lycan a head massage between my legs, naked as the day I was born. What would my mother say about this?
I let a chuckle slip out of my lips. Adam turned his head and gave me a questioning stare, shaking my head in return I brushed him off.

"Okay, you're done, time to rinse." I disentangled my limbs from around him and scooted back into the water, giving him space to wash out his hair. I turned back to where we had once been sat, only to find nothing, not even a ripple in the waters surface.

My eyes searched the spring, but only saw the steam rising. "Adam...?" The feeling of panic suddenly rose up my throat like bile, my heart raced and hands started to shake as the unfamiliar feeling grew. "Adam?" I said a bit more stern this time. My lips thinned into a line.

"Boo." Warm breath ghosted my ear, my fist swung round before I could even think. "Woah." The wet slap echoed around the cave; my hand securely fixed in Adams palm, shy of an inch off his jaw.

He smiled playfully, albeit looking a little stunned. Thats when the tears started. Which was completely and utterly ridiculous.

Adam sputtered for a moment, looking aghast before launching into a tirade of questions, sniffs and feeling hands. "Are you hurt? What's wrong?"
"I don't know what's wrong!" I sobbed angrily, waves of hot anger and sadness crashing into me for no apparent reason.

I think around then Adam went into overload, eyes flickering back and forth for a time before he suddenly scooped me up over his shoulder and ran us into the den, immediately coddling me into the furs and whispering calming things in my ear.

Eventually I calmed from the spontaneous crying fit.
"What was that?" I croaked.

He leaned closer and kissed my tear stained cheeks, "The full moon is tonight, our bond is under some stress, probably because we haven't consummated it yet." He shrugged.

"I see." I said suddenly very aware of our state of undress.

AN: Well hello again, the Christmas break is finally here guys!! Since I've had some time to myself here's chapter 13, hope you enjoyed, it's about to get good xxx