Chapter 17

^Brock O'Hurn as Adam (Is he the kind of person you had in mind?)
________________________________________________
"So help me Adam, if there wasn't a baby on me now I would strangle you." I whisper yelled, fuming as silently as I could.

As soon as the two figures had entered the dark room I'd recognised them, like a mysterious sixth sense. Joseph had already left, swiftly detaching Cathy from the horde of sleeping children and whisking her away without a sound. I'd only been dozing before they'd interrupted the peaceful times.

Adams figure moved stealthily, despite his bulk, in the dark I felt the bed dip as he managed to crawl over to me and gently nudge away the young girl clinging to my side. He slotted in perfectly, spooning my side and snaking his arms around me so one rested beneath my head and the other crossed my torso.

I felt angry enough to slap away his arms - but didn't, for the baby sleeping between my bosom would fuss if I so much as moved an inch, I'd learned the hard way. I settled for glaring into the darkness.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, kissing my temple. My stomach fluttered and I was briefly afraid it was the contractions returning. "It won't happen again, hopefully." Trailing his fingertips across my did nothing to quell my stubborn anger. Who did he think he was to just dump me, leave whilst I'm in pain and with out explanation?

If I could have, I would have growled. But I feared it would not sound nearly as intimidating as I willed it.

"Look, just don't touch me right now." I tried to shrug his arm away, feeling surprisingly more hurt at him than angry.  
"Don't be upset with me," Adam's hand kept firm on my arm and I could almost hear the frown in his voice; "It was unavoidable, and you don't know the implications yet."

Despite how much I wanted to simply ignore him and sulk, his words struck true; I indeed did not know the details and implications that came with being a lycans mate- hell just this night had proved that much.

"Then explain it to me." I heard his sigh echo my own, the sound was soft enough that I knew it wasn't meant for my ears.
"I will, but later. Right now you have accumulated quite a gathering." Adam quietly chuckled, his nose nuzzled my hair and his hand travelled to rest on the baby's back. I felt its little body squirm unhappily in response and knew next would come the small whimper of frustration before it would belt out a cry shrill enough to make me wince.
Adam tensed, as if he too knew the infants intentions to throw a loud tantrum and fully express how delightfully fussy it was. I smirked, sadistically enjoying his brief break in composure.

"Hold on." Suddenly my hair whipped my ears with the ferocity of a passing hurricane, it quickly ended just as soon as it started and I was soon seated on a plush cushion. Stars danced behind my eyes and my stomach was lodged in my throat. I recognised the feeling; it was the same as when Adam and I had left the den.

"You need to stop doing that." I groaned, referring to his mysterious ability to cover great distances in almost no time - it was something distinctly out of place, wolves were strong but vampires compensated by being fast. So was the vampiric trait part of being a Lycan? I could only assume so.

"You'll get used to it." Adam mumbled absentmindedly, sounding completely unapologetic. His back was turned to me, all of him bare bar the dark pyjama bottoms hanging low on his hips. He bounced gently on his feet, making soft cooing noises as he held the whimpering infant close to his chest, apparently a practiced hand in this situation.

He'd moved us effortlessly into another room, this one being much more spacious than the other; however it was laid out similarly to the room I had first stayed in, a sleeping quarters in essence. Stretching, I unfurled myself from my hunched pose on the bed, feeling my organs realigned and blood once again evenly distributed then waiting for the satisfying crunches in my spine to cease.

"So where were you last..." My voice broke quietly. Adam turned to me, my eyebrows rose an inch up my forehead and I had to blink to remove the rosy hue hazing my surroundings. He'd shaved. Trimming the bush of coarse hair had done more than wonders in highlighting his masculine features, whilst the lowly lit room added further dimension to his already angled face and body. I shouldn't of been so vain, but it was nice to know a gentleman in personality had a handsome face to match. "...night?"

AN: this chapter was on the short side but the next ones a bit bulky. I'll try to get it up for Sunday!Remember to vote guys! I love reading the comments they keep me going so please keep at it and if you spot a mistake please point it out, its much appreciated. Xx
Hope you enjoyed reading! I'll be back soon.
- Joules xxx