Chapter 14

It resembled something between a hiccup and a cough, the sound that involuntarily traveled up my throat. And much to my embarrassment, the stuttered sound caused Adam to pull me tighter to himself; hushing me as if he thought I would burst into tears again.

He kissed my forehead. Again repeating the process of laying his forehead to mine.
"You've taken this mating thing so well, and I fully intend to take us as slowly as you wish." He placed a chaste kiss on top of my head, "I've waited this long, what's a little more time to me?" Adams lips curved into a smile that looked too soft for a man of his stature, eyes twinkling with what I could only recognise from the early memories of my father and mother.

I hid my face in the warmth of his chest to hide my blushing cheeks, letting my heart thump to its wild rhythm and distantly listening to Adam's own smooth thudding.

My eyes lolled, the combination of Adams hands running up and down my back and the warmth of our combined heat making me lethargic and o' so calm despite only waking up a short time ago.

"All I do is sleep when I'm with you, I'm not normally this lazy." I laughed somewhat.

"Oh really?" Adam teased. I smacked his arm playfully, "Oww." He feigned.
I knew I hadn't hurt him, my hand had bounced right of off his arm, like I had hit a brick wall.

I disentangled our bodies, wrapping a fur around my shoulders as I sat upright. "Alright wolf man, as I am so lazy, bring me some clothes." I said with a prestigious tone, raising my nose to the air in the way I had observed many an officials wife do.

"Why of course my lady." He said, bowed mockingly over his forearm after he had risen, he walked straight-backed to the clothes trunk. The scene looking oddly comical due to his nakedness; as if I had employed some strange man slave.

Such thoughts were quickly doused when a shirt was thrust into my face.
"Thanks." I said, the words muffled under the fabric. I heard the distant deepness of Adams chuckle as I slipped an oversized shirt over my head; only then noticing the thick, wet knots in my hair.

Sighing, I twirled a damp lock of hair between my fingertips, grimacing at the coarse strands. Maybe I should've gotten Adam to return the favour.
I stood up, letting the blood rush to my head and allowing the dizziness to sway my steps as I wobbled over to the passage way.

Adams hand suddenly held my hip as I encroached on the tunnel, "Where are you off to?"
I looked up at him, pretending to be unfazed by the dangerously low and unbuttoned jeans he now sported.
"Underwear." Trying to keep steady eye contact without letting a rosy blush cover my cheeks proved to be hard. Turning my gaze to the floor, I waited until his hand moved away before proceeding to retrieve my bag.

But before I could take a step forward, I felt a soft heat pressed to my neck.
"Be back quick." Adam's voice, low and close to my ear, ended when his lips made contact with the curve of my neck again. My heart accelerated to a mile a minute - I felt him smile against my skin.

My eyes narrowed, my competitive nature coming through, two could play at that game.

I turned into him, one hand strategically atop his pectoral the other by his waist, then, without break in my elegant scheme, I pressed my lips over his thumping jugular.

The muscles beneath my hand hardened like rock and I realised he wasn't breathing.
I smirked triumphantly, then swung myself away, turning my head for a brief second to say "I wont be long." Before sashaying away.

I grinned wide to myself, having to bite my lip as adrenaline pulsed through me and my lower abdomen fluttered. It was by far one of the most daring things I had done with personal feelings.

By the time I had reached the spring, I couldn't stop wringing my hands, feeling the girlish glee dance through me in waves most likely over glorified by the bond that was inevitably forming and strengthened by the moon.

It further added to my mood to find that there was also a comb in the bag of items Johnathan had supplied me with. Although I had downed my underwear quickly, I stayed by the spring longer than necessary, bringing the comb through my hair, taking my time. In my juvenile state I felt like opposing his word would tease him more so, for some reason it thrilled me to think I had an advantage.

Finally believing I had kept Adam long enough, I headed back to the main room of the den.
Much to my surprise- and slight delight - Adam was exactly where I left him. Standing like a statue in the arch of the passage. The look on his face echoed surprise- eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, I laughed quietly, before staring to feel anxious. Despite his eyes being open, they were not seeing.

I approached tentatively.
"Adam...?" I called, placing my hand on his arm, trying to pull him back to earth.
The change was sudden and sharp. The white of his eyes turned black, then I had my back against the wall on the other side of the den; a heavily panting Adam holding me close enough to become part of me.

"My mate." He purred out.

The descent was unhesitatingly executed, yet not particularly unwelcome.
His mouth consumed mine in feral, honeyed desperation. Delving into me unapologetically. I felt his sharp canines brush against my lip as his mouth slanted over mine, the thrill sending more shocks around my already frayed nerves. He deepened the kiss, brushing over the sensitive spots with velvet caresses, retreating only to brutally return with new intensity. His hands wondered down my arms to tighten around my waist as my own threaded themselves through his hair; we pulled our bodies impossibly tighter as if opposite poles of a magnet. I gasped a breath as he repositioned his lips over mine to give our tongues a new position to battle in.
Our everlasting kiss relaxed into small, gentle and placid brushes between our lips.

I felt and heard my heart pound in my ears, eyes still closed. Adam lay his forehead on mine, nuzzling our heated skin together there.

Opening my eyes, I lazily looked to Adam, his own eyes had returned to there beautiful hazel.

"You deserved that, my vixen." He said breathily, voice so huskily deep that more tremors whispered through me; he pecked my swollen lips once more before moving away to tend to the growing fire.

Raising a hand to my lips, I sank down the wall. Who had teased who here?

AN: Thank you for your patience, your comments and votes make everything worth it guys xxx I apologise for the rushed way this chapter may appear, if you spot any mistakes please point them out and I will correct them xxxx
Hope you're enjoying my book so far, until next time xxx