Chapter 11

The plan had somewhat back fired.

Yes Joseph had escaped and fled into the distance, but I, on the other hand, had been taken captive by the ridiculously mothering lycan named Adam. By this I mean he had immediately diverted his entire attention to me as soon as I screamed and bundled me up in layers of furs before whisking me away into the den and showering me in very awkward nuzzles, sniffs and licks. It was obvious that the irrational, more primitive, side of Adam had taken control of his human body; and I had to remind myself that this was the lycan side controlling the body, not just a strange man trying to lick my face.

Currently, he was crouched before the fire cooking strips venison on a heated slab of stone, whilst looking back at me, with those eerily black eyes, every thirty seconds to make sure I hadn't collapsed or spontaneously combusted. Meanwhile I was trying to divert my eyes to anywhere other than his fully displayed, and yet completely unabashed, self.

Maybe this kind of attention would be tolerable, if not for the fact that if I so much as moved an inch or dared to fidget Adam would immediately leap from his post to whine and fret over me before rearranging me perfectly into the previous, swaddled position.

By the time the meat was cooked, I was glad to be able to sit up and stretch my back; despite being cradled in Adams lap.

"Eat." He said softly, pushing a piece of fragrant meat to my lips. I took it, not wanting to bother with the rebuke that would come from refusing it from my newly founded mate. I paused mid chew. Peering up I saw the serene look and small smile gracing Adams handsomely rugged face, felt the knuckles tenderly brushing up and down my throat. My mate?

It seemed such a foreign and inconceivable thought. And to grasp the reality that I was basically betrothed - albeit one sidedly- to a lycan, not just a werewolf, leaves me dangling on the strings of what I know. And that in itself isn't a lot, concerning lycans at least.

The most incomprehensible thing though, was that I couldn't see myself refusing him.

I must've looked startled, for Adam had began another bout of mothering coos and whimpers, rubbing my sides in an attempt to comfort me.

"I'm fine." I said after swallowing and flashing my best reassuring smile. He mimicked me before proceeding to feed me four more pieces, until I refused the fifth. Despite this, he still attempted to get me to eat more.

"No, I'm full. You have some." I chided, taking the morsel in my own fingers and raising them to his mouth. He regarded me stubbornly for a moment but then a mischievous look crossed his face. Before I could pull my hand away, my wrist was seized.

A rare blush settled on my cheeks as he took the meat from my hand only to then swirl his tongue around my fingertips all the way down to where his palm met my wrist, all the while keeping his dark eyes locked with my own.

I saw him about to shift closer yet, eyes smouldering like coals, "W-water," I coughed to break the high pitch in my voice, "I'm thirsty, could you get me something to drink?"

His features cleared and brightened, like a haze being lifted, a smile tilted his lips and I could imagine the lupine form's ears perking from the request.
He left like there was lightning at his heels, but not before securely rebuilding the fort of furs around me; of which I removed myself from as soon as he was out of sight. Standing, I stretched tall, enjoying the cracks and pops that echoed from my tortured spine.

But then, with out warning, he was before me again; the abruptness taking me by such surprise that I actually tripped on the lip of the furs and landed on my rear. Immediately Adam was crouched in front of me, chanting sorrys between whines. It took a while before he calmed down, when he did though, he raised his cupped hands to my chin. I stared blankly at him, eyebrow raised in question as he looked on expectantly.

Squinting in the low light, I took a better look at his hands; they held water - did he actually expect me to drink from his hands...?
"There's a cup over there." I pointed to the newly organised area of miscellaneous things. Adam nudged his hands to my lips.

Sighing as I saw no other choice, I cupped my own hands beneath his and tentatively sipped at the liquid. The water was unexpectedly cool, and obviously not from the spring. Was there somewhere in or near the den that had fresh water? Thinking on it, I was unable to find a toilet or something alike as of yet; and the need had to be met at some point or another.

I sat back, whipping my chin of the dribble of water that had escaped with my sleeve. Tilting his head back, Adam quickly swigged back the remaining water before shaking off his hands and consequently spraying water everywhere.
"Hey! That's cold!" I grumbled. Adam laughed, or rather attempted to with a set bark like grunts, which both sounded and looked estranged given that they came from a human- in present form at least.

He shuffled closer, to the point that he was positioned above me: my thighs between his, his hands holding my crown and tangled in my hair as he arched his back so our foreheads could, once again, meet and noses touch. He breathed in deeply, almost sounding like a sigh.
On their own accord, my hands took to his neck, just below his ears. Thumbs gently massaging from ear to pulse. The moment was consuming in its sweetness.

"Could I speak to him? To Adam, please?" I asked, barely above a whisper.
He heaved another sigh, catching the meaning of the question. He closed his eyes slowly, as one would when falling into a deep sleep.

When they opened again, they were hazel.

AN: Hope you enjoyed reading, next weeks addition will also be filled with cutesy moments and maybe a touch more seduction. Remember to leave a vote and a comment xxx