O N E

What is it with social workers and the care system?

I mean I was only messing about with a boiled egg, I didn't mean to hit the care worker and give him concussion.

Anyway, accidents happen.

And it wasn't my fault I was on the red report card.

And okay I might've not been the nicest person in the world but you know what they say, if everyone was the same it would be hell of a boring world.

So basically, I've now been kicked out by five different care homes in three years.

Packaged up and then mailed off to a different one.

The car pulls up to what looks like a pretty decent looking house.

Not for long once I get in there.

A jolly, balding man comes out and shakes my hand with a big grin.

"Shall I help you with your bags?" He asks reaching for one of my bags.

Jeez, he genuinely looks like he cares.

"No I-" I yell guarding my bag. "Sorry, I think I can manage"

They first take me to the office where my social worker, Kat -who had driven me here - was alrady seated herself on the fanciest chair and was filling in papers.

"And you'll be moving in with Carmen I should think, a couple of weeks ago she shared a room with another girl but she moved out" explains the guy who was the first to greet me when I arrived here, who turns out to be called mike.

Another worker at this car crash hell who's called Mai Lee entered the office with a girl who looks about my age.

She also looks like my worst nightmare.

This must be Carmen.

"Hey" I say to her with a sugary tone. That exact tone makes me want to throw up but I need to win around the care workers.

And then all hell brakes loose.

Her glare dissappears.

"You like fashion, beauty and don't smell like a tramp do you?"

She asks.

Bless her, she actually has hope in her eyes.

"obvs!" I say.

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth

"You know, it might not be THAT bad" she turns to Mike.

"Carmen" She holds out a hand to me.

I shake it "Skye"

I wipe my hands on my trousers.

No one notices.

"Welcome to the dumping ground".