N I N E

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE!?" I screamed

My social worker sighed.

Like I had done something wrong.

I back out of the office and march into the kitchen, bumping into Bailey and Ryan who were play fighting in the hallway.

I grab the steak knife and run up back to the office and throw my self at him.

Ryan POV

She came out if no where, tears in her eyes me and Bailey followed her into the kitchen as she grabbed a knife from the knjfe rack and stormed into the office.

Luckily me and Bailey acted quickly and I grabbed her from behind and wrapped my arms around her chest, making sure she wouldn't be able to struggle free as Bailey holds back Skyes arm and snatches the knife from her.

Mike comes in.

"You stay away from my kids" he demands pointing to the door.

The man who was now standing up glaring Skye slumped out of the room and through the front floor.

Skye stops struggling and leans against my shoulder, breathing heavily. She tries to shout again but her voice is hoarse and I can feel her heart beating against my chest.

Mai Lee runs into the kitchen and returns with a glass of water and a pack of pills.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU TOLD ME I WOULD NEVER HAVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN! YOU PROMISED ME! YOU'RE A LIAR! YOU'RE A LIAR!" Skye cries

She suddenly falls limp, her eyes still wide open and whimpering we lower her down to the floor as Mike tries to gt rid of the crowd of care kids who were now staring at Skye with their mouths wide open

Once Skye was on the floor and had fallen unconscious Mai Lee pinched her nose so she would open her mouth and then pops a pillin and some water and then closes her mouth.

"Is she goin to die?" Asks Floss but before anyone could answer she was shooed upstairs with the others.

Skyes breathing gets back to a normal pace and she starts to wake up.

"Hey sweetheart do you think you can sit up?" Asks Mai Lee pushing away some loose strands of hair from Skyes sweaty face.

She nods and we slowly help her sit up.

"Bailey, Ryan please could you go to your rooms?"

We both nod and go upstairs to our rooms.

After about quarter of an hour Mike comes into my room and explains what had just happened

"Skye has an anxiety problem. The pills you saw that were used on her were special Pills for when she has a fit - she tends to have manic anxiety attacks, we are sorry that you had to see that earlier. The man who wasin the office isn't a very good man and if you see him anywhere near ashdeen ridge tell me right away. Please when you next see Skye not bring this up?"

"Sure"

Mai Lee POV

It's all my fault

I feel terrible.

I sat in the office with Skye, in an awkward silence.

We had been sitting there for half an hour as I was instructed to keep and eye on her for at least three quarters of an hour to make sure she doesn't have a repeat of an anxiety attack.

"Skye I am really sorry, I haven't had chance to read your full file yet but Mike has. I'm really sorry he told me he was a relative and he wanted to talk to you"

"It's okay"

I open her file and then skim down to where it said about why she was in care and read the whole 3 page report.

Oh my god

He's a monster.