T H R E E

I checked my phone.

3:49 A.M

Damn

No matter how hard I can try I can't get to sleep and I refuse to go through another all nighter.

In the end I decide to go downstairs, I mean what harm can it do?

I can go downstairs, get a drink and maybe something that will help me sleep.

At this rate the only thing that will be able to get me to sleep is for someone to hit me over the head with a saucepan.

I cringe when just as I get to the bottom of the stairs the bottom stair makes an awful sound that sounds just like nails being dragged down a black board and it echoes through the house.

I luckily don't seem to stir anybody and I make my way to the kutchen.

I run myself a glass of water and then go into the living room.

I gi through the shelves looking for something that might spark my interest.

In the end I settle with a book - The Book Theif by Markus Zusak - and make myself comfy on one of the sofas.

I pull out my phone from my back pocket of my p-j shorts (the reason why I have a back pocket in my shorts is because no one ever thinks to empty out your p-j shorts especially when the pockets hidden anyway and you'd only be able to find it if you knew what you were looking for).

I plug in my earphones and then play Melanie Martinez as I flip through the book.

"Hey?"

I jump and turn round to who ever had just disturbed me.

There stood Ryan, arranging the pool balls

"Can't sleep either?" He says sympathetically

"I guess not" I snap back.

I wasn't in the mood for talking.

"You okay?" He sits next to me, biting his lip.

Oh god he isn't that type of guy is he?

"I was until you got here" I grumble

"Believe me I was here way before you" he smirks

"and I care because?"

"You know, you're different. From the others"

"That's nice" I say in a sarcastic tone returning to my book

"I can see right through you"

"Uh huh"

"You act perfect and then you slowly rip this place apart"

I look up from my book "and where did you get that from?"

"Because I'm the master of that."

"Awe, little reneè thinks he's good at something" I say his name wrong on purpose just to wind him up

"Sorry love, that doesn't work on me" he smirks. "So, Skeè" he adds (I see what he did there) "welcome to-"

"A car crash hell" I chime in

He laughs at my remark

"Took the words right out of my mouth"