T H I R T E E N

Narrators POV

Everybody stares in shock at Skye.

Carmen bit her lip as she backs away.

Skye wipes away tears as she stomps up from where she was sitting to her bedroom.

The rest of the kids sat there, staring after her with shocked expressions.

After many moments of silence they all start to make their way to their own bedrooms.

Ryan was one of the last to go and as he passed Skye's bedroom he heard snuffling and assumed that Skye was crying.

He wasn't sure what was coming over him but he felt the need to comfort her. To put his arms around her and tell her everythings going to be okay.

Like a mothers instincts to care for a baby.

And Ryan did not like this feeling.

He gently knocked in the door.

"Come in" a quiet voice whimpered.

Ryan opened to door to see Skye, sitting next to the window. Her pale face illuminated by the moonlight as she quickly wiped away tears.

He gingerly came and sat on the edge of her bed.

"I'm sorry, just ignore Carmen she's a bitch" he says reassuringly

"No shit sherlock" Skye laughs, her voice cracking and she tries to give a smile.

Skye moved from the windowsill and slowly got into bed.

"Is this my que to leave?" Asks Ryan gingerly, he gets up and makes his way to the door but as he starts to turn he door handle he's cut off by Skye.

"Please, stay. Just untill I go to sleep" Skye whimpers sleepily.

Ryan nods and turns to sit next to Skye on a chair.

"Okay".