T W O

Carmen shows me her room and then I unpack.

She gasps when I pull out the make up. Yes, I know, a lot of people expect me to not give a fig about my make up or hair but really I take pride in myself and what I look like.

"Is that sephora!?" She exclaims leaping over her bed and and then crashing onto mine.

I laugh, still keeping my sweet as sugar attitude. But really, deep down I want to smack her.

"Yeah, I guess"

"Where the hell did you get them from? Or afford it!?"

"Ya know not everything in sephora doesn't cost a million bucks. Someone from my family worked there. Family discount and stuff" I shrug.

She raises her eyebrows and gives me a pleading smile.

"Sharing is caring" she asks in a high pitched voice.

I laugh again "help yourself!"

★ ★ ★

Good now that I've got in Carmens good books I'd better make "friends" with everyone else.

Hopefully I don't shoot myself.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of their names.

Unfortunately.

I mean who calls their kid Floss!?

Maybe thats the reason why her mum didn't want her, she was probably on something strong when she named her.

Anyway moving on.

We were all sitting around table after tea when Mike comes in to the kichen, looking very grave.

"Ryan?" He asks directly to the boy who was sitting next to Floss - who was sitting opposite me - The boy looks up loosing the smirk that had just been plastered all over his face.

"There's a call for you, in the office" Mike explains.

Ryan slowly got out of his chair and went to the office.

It wasn't untill after when I was going upstairs with Carmen and Tee (what were these kids parents on when they named them!?) When we passed the office and saw Ryan sitting there staring at the floor, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"creep" muttered Carmen.

"Odd" Tee chimes in.

"I'm just not even gonna bother trying to make sense of it" I say matching their tone of voice.

"Oh believe me" replied Tee "We stopped doing that ages ago".