Where I Belong

"I think you should choose-" she was cut off by her phone ringing. I looked down at her phone seeing that it was Hunter. "Can you answer that for me and put it on speaker?" She asked still looking at the road. I answered the phone and put it on speaker.
"OH MY GOD MOM, I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING RIGHT NOW!" Hunter yelled sounding like he was about to cry. "What is it Hunter, just calm down and tell me." Christine  said calmly. "Mom. She isn't mine. I can't deal with this. I can't deal with the thought of her not being mine. The fact that I can't kiss her anytime I feel like it, or hug her when I want to. Mom, Micki isn't mine. I lost her." Hunter said now crying. "Umm. Hunter. I'm right here. You didn't lose me. I'm always going to be here. For you. We're on our way back to the house now. I'll give you the biggest hug and kiss when we get there."  I said now almost crying too. "Micki?" He said. "Yes Hunter?" I asked. " I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said with tears running down my cheeks.
We hung up and made it back to the house a few minutes later. I rushed out of the car and burst through the door. Hunter was sitting in the couch. He jumped up and I ran towards him. I jumped on him wrapping my legs around his waist. I hugged him tightly as he did the same to me. We loosened our grips and I kissed him. He kissed me back and our lips moved together. We released from the kiss and hugged some more. I got down off of him and remembered I left my stuff in the car. I walked back outside and grabbed my bags and walked back inside. Brandon and Hunter were both standing there looking at me.
"What?" I asked confused. "I understand." Brandon said. "Understand what? What does that mean?" I asked putting my bags down. "I understand that you love Hunter. I understand it all. I'm not the guy you want. Just don't say I didn't try." Brandon said which made my tear up. He started walking trying to go past me but I stopped him. I hugged him and snuggled my head into his chest. "I'm sorry." I said crying into his chest. "It's okay. Micki, it's okay. Just, don't forget about me." He said lifting my head up and smiling down at me. His smile made me smile. "And why would I forget about my best friend?" I asked smiling. He smiled back at me and walked back to his room. I walked back to Hunter and laid my head in his chest. "Are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head yes. I lied.
*when you nod your head yes but you wanna say no!😂*
"No you're not. I can tell. But that's okay. You're not gonna be okay all the time and it's okay not to be okay. Just tell me when something happens and illness here with you. Right by your side. I let you slip away once but that's not happening again. So I'll do this now before I lose you, will you make me extremely happy and be my girl friend?" Hunter said wiping the tears from my cheeks and smiling down at me. "Hunter...."
--------------------------------------
Hah you thought it was a cliffhanger. Nah I ain't that rude! 😂
"Hunter, I would love to be your girlfriend!" I said jumping on him again and wrapping my legs around him. "Yeah you go best friend!" I heard Brandon say laughing from the top of the steps.
This summer was crazy. But I like the way it ended. School starts in a few weeks and Hunter is gonna do online college so he can stay here with his family. Well looks like I'm not stuck in the middle anymore. I'm right where I belong. It just took me a little bit to realize it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys this is the last chapter of this book BUT, there might be a sequel coming out in maybe a week? 😏
Comment names for the sequel IF I decide to make one.🤔🙄
But I love you Suga Bears! 💞
-Micki👽👑