Creative Writing

Sitting in your seat you have your hand ticked under your chin as you listen to your professor. Wondering if he can see your heart eyes as he talked about creating a narrative and interesting characters that people will care about. "Make sure they are human enough so the reading audience cares about them. If you do that, then that is the greatest feeling and they'll crave more." He looks up at the clock, "looks like we're done for the day." People around you slam their notebooks closed as you take your time.

He takes his glasses off and stands up, "oh Miss y/l/n can I see you in my office?" You swallow hard and think of a thousand bad scenarios as to why he called a meeting. Maybe you're failing the class, maybe he didn't like your last story, may be you have to change classes. Clenching your notebook to your chest your heart beats wildly as you make your way to his office. Waiting outside his door you close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing. "Sorry forgot to unlock it," he says behind you. Stepping aside he unlocks the door and moves inside.

"Come on, don't be shy," he says inside. Taking a step in you see him sit behind his desk and puts his hands onto of it. "Please close the door and have a seat," he motions to the chair across from him. After having an, is this real moment, you close the door and take a seat. "I'd like to discuss why I-" "I can do better," you blurt out, interrupting his sentence. He has a confused look on his face, "wait, better? No, you're my best student." You look at him blankly, "I am?" He nods, "that's why I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to ask if you wanted to be my assistant. You've got lots of great and creative ideas and I'd love for you to help me with next semester's students."

"Let me get this straight. So I'm not in fact failing and you're asking me if I want to be your TA next semester? Where do I sign up?" He chuckles a little, "I must warn you I can be a little demanding of you. Helping me grade papers and spending time in my office and at times off campus, whatever that semester demands." You look into those hypnotic blue eyes, "like I said before, where do I sign?" He gives you a big smile and you find yourself smiling back.Tap here to start writing