Song

The sound of keys clicking fill the room as one very dedicated writer keeps diligently types away. You can picture the half bottle beside the monitor as his sleepy eyes struggle to stay open.
Y

ou finish writing an email to him and hit send. Being so far away from him is painful because you know he falls apart without you. He eats but all the wrong things and lets just say showers are more fun when he’s there. Taking a drink you stand up and look for your phone. You don’t lose it just misplace it at times. Then it began to ring. You grab it and thank Chuck for the assist.
“Hey you,” you nearly seductively say.
“Hi,” so I got your pages.
“What do you think?”
“Printing them out now. I just wanted to hear your voice. When do you get to come back?”
“Not much longer, hopefully just one more day. I miss you.”
He takes a pause, “I miss you.”
“Are you eating?”
He looks around at the candy wrappers, bottles and pizza boxes, “uh, yea. Sure.”
You chuckle slightly, “you are a terrible liar. Okay well read and tell me what you think. Talk to you soon.”
“Bye, bye,” he responds in that soft tone that goes straight to your heartstrings. You tuck away your phone and continue with dealing with your other client. Being a music producer is a tough job but you’d gotten the hang of it. Signing the latest talent and building up your brand. You signed Chuck because of his original lyrics and majestic voice. Neither of you expected to fall for one another so quickly. It was actually poetic that the both of you met at a party. Smiling as your phone rang once more.
“Hang on one second,” you tell him as you write the last of the memo to the record label. Hitting send you push your computer out of the way and return back to your phone.
“Hello, you.”
“I don’t know how you do it.”
You bite your lower lip, “so it’s okay?”
“Babe, I’m not one for ballads but this is a beautiful one. I’ve already brainstormed the melody behind it.”
“You know how much I love to hear that voice of yours. Especially when you sing with such love.”
“Since you came into my life I always have. A steady rhythm this heart of mine has and it beats for no one but you.”
It was nearly a strange moment to hear one of your lyrics repeated back to you but honestly he could recite the dictionary and you’d love every second.
“I just wrote how I feel.”
“That’s the best way babe. Speak with what you have.”
“How did I get so lucky?”
“I ask myself that everyday.”
You look up because he has somehow managed to make your heart flutter again.
“See you tomorrow.”
“Don’t you have another day’s work up there?”
“Oh, I’m coming home tomorrow, come hell or high water.”
He laughs a little, “well don’t get fired. We’ll need the money if my band doesn’t take off.”
“When it does I’m quitting.”
“Then I’m putting a baby in you.”
He took you by surprise by that because you both haven’t talked about family things yet.
“Babe, you okay? I didn’t make you think twice did I?”
“Nope,” you voice cracks a little, “just love you so much.”
“I want to make a mini you, so she has all the good looks.”
“I want him to have your voice for the world to swoon over.”
“Hey, can you do me a favor?”
“Anything.”
“Can you play a little so I fall asleep?”
He already has a guitar in hand as he strums out a few cords and hums. Then you hear some words and it hits you. He wrote a new song and you were hearing it now. Putting your phone on the pillow beside you, you curl up and stare at it. Such a beautiful sound coming out of it. Closing your eyes you picture being in his arms as you both are curled up on the couch.
THE END