Nap

Pressing enter he leans back in his chair. Running his hands through his hair he sighs and leans forward once more. Hitting the print button the printer roars and shoots out papers into its tray. He picks up the stack and taps it on the edge of the table. Then picking up his glass he takes the last of his drink and feels the burn down his throat. He stands from his chair and does a little side stepping before making his way to the couch.

Sitting down he puts the papers on the table and picks up his glasses. Breathing in he begins to read and picks up a pencil. Crossing out words and making notes he continues to read even when his eyes become dry. You made him a sandwich and pause in the doorframe to see the back of his head. Seeing him work tirelessly then you rolled your eyes when you see the empty bottle. It's gotten bad lately and he's had trouble sleeping. These flashes have gotten worse and he hasn't slept in his bed in a few months.

You move into the room and move around the couch. Setting the plate down next to the stack of papers you sit next to him. He keeps reading and making notes. You look over at him and see the lines when he squints his eyes and how his lips move slightly when he reads. Then your eyes move up to his hairline then to the back. Slowly moving your hand up you run your fingers through his hair. Feeling his silky hair between your fingers you feel him relax. His breathing steadies as you twist your fingers with his curls.

He slowly puts the pencil down on top of the pages he was working on. You keep curling when he starts to slide to you. He keeps moving until his head ends up in your lap. You smile and keep playing with his hair. He places his hand on your knee and he moves his head to get comfy. After pressing and burrowing his head into your leg it isn't long until he drifts to sleep. You keep your hand moving through his locks you remain there as he gets some much-needed rest.

THE END