14 | Reverentia

Reverentia {Awe}

They stood at the edge of Kathoria. The sun had risen only a couple of hours ago. They had woken up around dawn and left the inn after having breakfast. Arya and Lady Zelie had been exhausted and right now it was showing on both of their faces.

"I can't wait until we're in the palace." Lady Zelie mumbled.

Arya felt bad for her. The sun was shining brightly making the temperature warmer and Lady Zelie's cloak was not helping one bit. She could see the sweat stains and she was sure that was part of Lady Zelie's irritation and foul mood.

The streets were once again crowded since it was afternoon and people had begun trading and selling their merchandise. Thankfully, this time the merchants did not approach them and Arya could guess it was due to Lady Zelie's hooded figure. They walked through the town leading their horses and Arya couldn't help but think of the last time she had been in Kathoria.

They had just come from Yuthx after returning William and Jenny to their rightful home. It had been her, Silvia, Damien and Aaron travelling together. She remembered it as clear as glass. There had been a duel between Damien and Silvia in which Damien had come out as the victor. The memories flooded her as she tried pushing them away.

"Let us hurry," Lady Zelie said and her steps became quicker.

Arya had to jog to keep up with her. Up ahead, Arya could see the palace shining in the board daylight. It looked the same has it had a month ago only now it was board daylight instead of the dark.

Glancing ahead, Arya could vaguely make out the figure of two people standing in front of the palace gates.

"Looks like someone else is here as well," she commented.

Lady Zelie groaned. "No, this cannot be happening."

She almost sprinted to the palace gates and Arya swiftly followed her. To Arya's surprise, at the palace gates stood two men. One with Ash brown locks while the other sported cropped golden hair. They both had blue eyes but were very distinct from one another.

The former had the palest blue eyes almost looking a silvery-white in the light. His had a sharp jawline and his nose was a bit crocked. He was dressed in brown tunic with matching pants. On his waist lay a very similar sword that Arya recognized immediately. It was Aaron in the flesh.

The later were much more formal clothes while he still had a sword attached to his hip. He had a surprised etched on his face before it morphed into a slight smirk. "Well sister, it had been too long if I do say so myself." Prince Zander said.

Princess Zelie trained her seafoam gaze on the two of them coolly. "I suppose so. What business do you have at the palace?"

Prince Zander grinned. "Well our father requested my presence. It seems he required us as well but you were late as usually Zel."

Lady Zelie opened her mouth to say something but Prince Zander interrupted her. "I knew she was from your school Zelie. The moment I saw her, it's like you have transformed her into a miniature version of yourself."

Arya realized that Prince Zander was talking about her. She saw Aaron's gaze rise and meet with her own. He also had a slight smile on his face, one that Arya did not like one bit.

Lady Zelie's voice turned into steel. "I don't care if you are my brother Zander but you will not address her as a miniature version of me. Arya is quite different and she is her own person, just like everyone else."