29 | Tangeret

Tangeret {touch} 

"Strike faster and harder," Lady Catherine yelled at Arya.

She was currently dueling with one of the knights from the academy using her left-hand. It was not her dominant hand but Catherine was left-handed which is why Sir Gideon has left the training up to her.

Arya was struggling with getting used to using her left hand. The weight felt different and when she was up against a knight who was using his dominant hand, she was outmatched. Lady Catherine knew it as well which is probably why she still had the match going on. Arya was aware of the fact the Lady Catherine did not like her but she sucked in her pride to learn from the best.

Lady Catherine held up her hand, "That is enough for today."

Arya stepped away from her opponent to wipe the sweat that had accumulated on her face. The training with the knights was not light and she knew everything she was learning would only help her become a better knight one day. If she practiced enough with her left-hand she would be able to wield two blades better than she was currently doing. Lady Catherine had been making her utilize her left hand since the early morning in order to get her into the practice of using it more often.

Lady Catherine glanced at Arya before turning away. "You are dismissed." She said before walking away.

Arya waited until she left the room before she started putting the room back into place. Although Madame Kenna had allowed them to use her room for practice, she still expected that everything be put back into place. When Arya had finished, it was nearly breakfast time.

She went back to her room and took and quick bath before changing into the academy uniform. Arya joined Silvia and Yasmin for breakfast in the great hall. As she looked around the room, she saw many of the tables and chairs empty. This fact didn't go unnoticed by Silvia either.

"Where is everyone?" She asked.

"Gone," Arya said softly before continuing, "they believed that the academy was no longer safe so their parents took them back with them."

"That is insane." Yasmin pointed out. "Where else would you find such a heavily guarded place expect the royal palace?"

Arya shrugged her shoulders. She ate the rest of her breakfast in silence and allowed Silvia and Yasmin to continue the conversation. Glancing around the tables and chairs once more, Arya was deeply impacted by how many empty seats there were. The academy was always busy with students chatting and having a good-time but now it felt different. Arya almost missed the loud noise, something she never believed she would. Something in Arya's gut told her this was just the beginning for the students that were leaving. There would be a lot more absences.

A light tap knocked Arya's train of though and she turned to see that Yasmin had been talking to her. "I was asking if you want to go to herbs and healing now." She repeated.

"Sure," she said. The two of them got up to go to their class while Silvia was headed towards Madame Annie's embroidery class.

"Have fun," is what Arya had said when she had told her the class she was expected to be at. Silvia had glared at her in response.

Yasmin and Arya walked towards the infirmary. Today's class was going to be held there. When they arrived, Madame Guinevere was still busing mixing potions per usual. It seemed the Arya and Yasmin were the first ones in class but that suited her just fine. Besides, Arya was hoping to get a moment alone with the healer.

Arya approached Madame Guinevere before lowering her tunic to show the bruise that had developed there. "Should I let it be or add something to make it better?"