39 | Proditio (II)

Proditio {Betrayal} 

It was way past midnight and Arya had still not seen Silvia. The red-head had promised that she would visit Arya after sunset but she had still not come. Arya new that Silvia was a pretty punctual person so an ominous feeling began filling her body. Arya shook it off, believing that Silvia had been too tired and she might have fallen asleep and therefore forgot about their rendezvous.

Arya went back to the tent and was surprised to see that Aaron was awake. She rushed to his side and Aztec eyes met silver-blue ones.

"Hey," she whispered.

"Hi," he croaked out.

Arya took the canteen and pushed it towards him. "Drink," she commanded.

He drank without another word and Arya watched as he gulped down all the water. Colour flooded through his face and he looked much better than he had a few hours ago. "How are you feeling?" she asked softly.

"Like death hit me with a brick." he replied.

Arya laughed lightly. "It must have been hell but you're still alive."

Aaron got up and his gaze turned towards Yasmin. "How is she doing?"

"Madame Guinevere said that it may take days for her to wake up. The burnt scars are pretty bad as Madame Guinevere said she might not be able to heal a lot of them. Other than that, she is breathing." Arya said while glancing at Yasmin's body.

"Shouldn't Silvia be there for her?" Aaron asked.

Arya's heart plummeted as she remembered that she had been looking for Silvia before. "She didn't come here?" she asked hopeful.

Aaron shook his head. "Nobody was here when I woke up. Damien visited for a few moments but he was swaying on his feet so I told him to go and rest."

His eyes met Arya's, "is something that matter?"

Arya's shoulders dropped. "She said that she would come after sunset but I haven't seen her ever since."

"Then go look for her." Aaron said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"But..."

"I'll be fine." Aaron consoled her. "What can a half-injured man like me do anyways?"

Arya sighed but kissed him on the forehead before she left. "Don't do anything stupid,"she said.

He grinned at her. "When do I ever?"

Arya walked back in the dimly lit camp to her own tent. She needed to change out of her clothes as she hadn't been able to do so earlier. When she got back into the tent she saw that Jennica was sitting on her cot painting something.

She tried hiding it but Arya just ignored her and dug around for her clothes. She changed into a fresh pair of pants and a tunic not caring that Jennica was standing mere inches away from her. She was about to leave the tent when she turned around to ask the brunette. "Have you see Silvia at all today?"

Jennica shook her head, "No, why?"

Arya couldn't believe that Jennica was willingly having a conversation with her. "It's just that she said she would meet me earlier and I haven't seen her the entire day. It's weird but I just have a very bad feeling."

Jennica got up immediately and began changing into warmer clothes. Arya just looked at her confused as to what she was doing.

Jennica grabbed her sword and turned towards Arya, "Well then, let's go look for her."