34 | Adolebitque

Adolebitque {Burn}

Arya stared at the scene before her and she couldn't believe her eyes. The academy had been mostly burned to the ground. There was rubble everywhere and items from the academy had been scattered across the ground. Arya took a small step forward to explore the remains of the Narvian Academy. She manoeuvred through the stones and bricks looking for anything that would remind her of home. With a pang in her heart Arya realized that most of her belongings would have been destroyed as well.

Although Arya wasn't a sentimental person, the academy had been her home. She had grown up here and experienced and learned so much. Lifting up different bricks Arya began hunting to finding items. She found a couple of books, quills but nothings that held much value. It was at that point a shadow caught her gaze. She moved towards it and lifted the broken wall that had crumbled on the object. Once she removed it, Arya tenderly lifted up the object.

It was her ocarina.

She didn't how it ended up here, but it had survived. Millions of things had been broken and destroyed yet this ocarina had been saved. Arya knew there must have been a reason for this ocarina to survive. She picked up the instrument and gingerly made her way back to eclipse. She lay down on the trunk of one of the trees that survive before she began to play.

It was a beautifully tragic song. Beginning with a high note that spoke of all the loss that Arya had felt from the death of Harper to seeing the academy destroyed right in front of her. The music allowed Arya to depict her feelings better than actual words. The tune seemed to flow from the ocarina and it filled the void academy. Arya ended the last note before opening her eyes wishing to see if the academy would be whole again by some miracle.

It wasn't.

Arya heard footsteps behind her and she turned pulled out Anaz with lightning speed only lowering it she realized it was Lady Zelie. She wasn't dressed in her usually gowns but in battle armour. There were tears glistening in her eyes and they cascaded down her rosy cheeks.

Arya had never seen Lady Zelie cry but seeing her right now something in her heart broke. Her Lady was the strongest person she knew and to see her shattered in a million pieces... she hated it. She despised the people that made her reach this point in her life. The ever smiling Lady Zelie had been lost replaced by a broken shell of her former self.

"You always did play the most beautiful tunes on the ocarina." She commented through her tears.

Arya could see she was trying to keep her voice brave for her. Arya had played the ocarina a number of times after arriving at the academy but only for Lady Zelie. When the academy numbers had begun to increase and Lady Zelie had gotten busier, Arya had stopped playing. Every time she played it hurt too much but she would do it for Lady Zelie. She was her saviour, friend, princess, and family all combined into one.

"My Lady," Arya said softly before taking her hand in her own.

Lady Zelie looked shocked behind the curtain of tears and Arya knew why. She had shied away from physical contact but Aaron had taught it was a form of communication ones love for another and in some moments it was necessary.

"That tune was heartbreaking beautiful." Lady Zelie said before wiping away her tears. Her eyes were red and blotched but she was back to the strong woman Arya knew.

"Through this whole ordeal, I didn't shed a single tear. Everyone was sobbing over the losses but I kept my head held high because I needed to. I was required to. But that song just wove into my heart and reminded me what we all loss and I couldn't keep it in anymore." Lady Zelie explained with a sad smile.