The Scroll

Erza sighed and slumped her head on the guild's counter. Mira, the guild's resident barmaid, came up to the redhead who seemed to be missing some sleep. The bags under her eyes sure explain a lot.

"Shoot." Mira said as she sat beside Erza. It was still so early. So, why not have a chat?

Erza's head shot up and looked at the silver-haired girl who sat beside her with a cheeky look.

"Mira?" She urged her to repeat and Mira sighed.

"There seems to something bothering you." Mirajane said with concern lacing her voice. "Are you even getting enough sleep?"

Erza nodded her head and said, "It's just that...*yawn* something's making me so sleepy."

Mira looked around. "Where's Jellal?"

Then, almost out of nowhere, a blunette with large orbs smiled kindly at the barmaid right after popping out from behind the counter. He waved his hand and leaned on Erza's tired head.

Mira giggled. "Never mind. Seems like I already found him."

Erza groaned. "So exhausted..."

Jellal patted Erza's head. Not that Erza seemed to mind. The redhead yawned for the umpteenth time.

The doors opened and Levy and Lucy entered the guild hall. Lucy's face brightened. Erza's head popped out from the misery she was feeling earlier. The paper her blonde friend held was something that caught her eye.

"May I know what the paper's contents are Lucy?" Erza asked and baby Jellal rubbed his stubby cheek against hers fondly. Without the other ladies in the empty guild hall knowing, Jellal was currently trying so hard to get the attention he was yearning for.

Levy smiled. "We present to you the formula that may change baby Jellal back!"

Unknown to anyone else but the subject himself, Jellal's heart dropped.

Returning to normal means no more 'Erza-singing-him-to-sleep' and 'tummy-tickles'. But the delightful thing about the formula was that it was about as long as a thirty-meter scroll. He internally sighed.

People began to file into the guild one by one and in about an hour later, the place was rowdy again.

But the place fell to complete silence as the guild doors opened with Lahar and his troops. Jellal's body sat still and Erza gave him a pacifier, in which he happily sucked on.

"Where is Jellal Fernandes?" Lahar called out and Natsu and Gray immediately walked in the scene.

"Whatcha want? Are you taking him away?" Natsu growled as flames engulfed his fists. Lucy immediately reacted and pulled Natsu out of the scene and apologized as she scolded a demented looking Natsu about "Not messing with the council" and stuff like that.

Lahar looked at Erza and she sighed. She hoisted the three-year-old and revealed him to the council member. Lahar's eyes immediately widened.

"Why. Scarlet, I never knew you had a son with Fernandes—"

"This toddler here is Jellal Fernandes." She interrupted and Lahar had an amused smile.

The baby in front of him suckled on the pacifier innocently while his adult subconscious greeted the council member with mace.

Lahar held back the urge to laugh so loud. The baby continued to suck on the pacifier. Adult Jellal became furious. That was when an idea ran through his head.

Tears brimmed the baby's eyesight and the council members widened their eyes. The pacifier fell to the floor and baby Jellal wailed loudly.

Lahar just rubbed his stomach from holding back the laughs that could obviously affect his reputation from being the controlled man that led troops to capture the strongest wanted criminals.

"Perhaps I can talk with Jellal Fernandes when he grows up." A chuckle exited his mouth as he finally exits the building. The guild began to become noisy again and Master Makarov approached Erza

Master Makarov sighed. "Good thing Jellal doesn't remember any of these events. He'd take it so hard to live the embarrassment down."

Adult Jellal grumbled. You seriously don't know about me being conscious about this.

Erza nodded her head. "It is." Then he turned to me. "What would you like for breakfast?" She cooed and baby Jellal giggled. He patted her cheek and she ruffled his blue hair.

"I know. Milk. Of course." She smiled and baby Jellal gurgled.

"Ewza, bweakfast?" He asked and she nodded before nuzzling his stubble cheeks.

"Exactly."

Master Makarov grinned. It was a happy event to see them together. He left the scene without ruining the moment. Erza also took baby Jellal outside and began to head Back to Fairy Hills.

Adult Jellal smirked.

Erza forgot about listening to Lucy and Levy's explanation of turning him back to normal.

Now... how to burn the scroll..?

-------

It is fun to let Jellal remember and be conscious of everything. And it's fun to let Jellal be the distraction on making the potion's effects disappear. It's just... fun to write. That should be reason enough xD

And yes, Jellal wants to be a baby for a long time. Hehehe...

So anyways, I'm sorry for making this a chapter that took several WEEKS to complete. I've been caught up in school. You know... projects and exams...

Thanks for tuning in!

-Jer-chan-