Chapter 11

Fall Festival Promises To Be Bigger Than Ever

by Hershey Poodle

Paw Print Press Staff

Preparations for the annual Kittyville Fall Festival have officially gotten underway. Decorations for the streets of the town square have been installed on every streetlight to spread the excitement and celebration of yet another annual Fall Festival. The school band has been gearing up for the upcoming parade, and the float crew that will also be participating in this year's parade are putting the final touches on their floats in order to be finished just in time for the festival.

Each year, Kittyville's pride is its Fall Festival, and this year's event will be no different...well, actually, it will be different, but in all the best ways! From a special extended parade route planned to run through the entire region of Kittyville to a much anticipated grand finale, the annual Fall Festival is sure to bring smiles, and, hopefully, new tourists to our beloved town.

And speaking of the grand finale, Vincent Vladimir, owner and founder of the renowned V-Corp, has agreed to be our guest speaker for the finale ceremony. This is the first time anyone has ever released this information to the public, so the Paw Print Press is honored and privileged to provide our readers with this exclusive information.

Mr. Vladimir is planning on revealing the latest addition to his already impressive line of inventions at the ceremony, and Kittyville will also be the first to witness his newest creation live as he demonstrates its capabilities.

Concerning other aspects of the festival, remodeling is nearly finished in many of the local businesses and on the town square itself. Judging by the photographs we were able to capture, there's no reason tourist's won't flock like geese to our quaint little town. Even the catwalk has seen some upgrades including more responsive locking mechanisms and special pager buttons linked directly to the Dog Patrol Station in case of emergencies.

Hundreds, if not thousands, are expected to attend this momentous event, and with so much excitement and anticipation, the Mayor of Kittyville, Trusty Basset, was pleased to go on record with the following statement in a recent interview with the Paw Print Press' very own Hershey Poodle:

"What you're going to see in this year's Fall Festival is like nothing you've ever seen before. Our goal for this year's festival is to bring animal-kind together in forging a town that not only survives but thrives upon the integrity of its citizens and their hospitality toward others.

"By initiating a town-wide remodel, we hope to welcome others into our fine town with open arms so that they may feel the safety and trustworthiness in bringing their business needs to us, in full assurance that we will do everything in our power to meet them sufficiently.

"Having successfully achieved our goal, we will have created the unity among our neighbors of surrounding regions that will continue to thrive for generations to come; ours and our children's children."

Thanks to Mayor Basset for those encouraging and assuring words. There's nothing like truly understanding how all our hard work is benefitting not only us but our neighboring towns and their citizens as well.

And thanks to all our fine citizens of Kittyville and readers of the Paw Print Press who continually and freely contribute their time, effort, and energy into making this town a better place to live. Mere words can never truly describe how appreciative we are of your contributions, but for now, the words you've just read will have to do.