9: A Thousand Restless Days

"Oh, you should be careful eating that," Nikolas or Cole, whoever he is, converse. "It has 520 calories and contains an abundant amount of fatty acids such as-"

"I think they got it bud," Jasper interrupted him. Cole indeed talked a lot of things about Science and stuff but he still hasn't opened that he met me last night. It's as if he didn't know me at all like he's a completely different person. I was still staring at him intently to check if he really was Nikolas of last night. And yes, he is. But sort of not. He is Nikolas physically but he's not the umbrella guy I told Leslie about.What is happening here?

"So how's your toothache," Leslie asked Nikolas.

"I could say that it is better now, thanks for asking,"

"You know, Cole here really slept the rest of the day like he said he would,"

He slept the rest of the day? That can't be. "Nikolas, I mean, Cole, do you remember when you started to sleep?" I asked him. I knew for myself that need to get answers.

"If you refer to the exact time I slept, it was about 8:30 a.m. in Greenwich Mean Time or 4:30 p.m. in Manila time."

"So you didn't know about the rain last night?"

"Definitely, an unconscious person would not have any knowledge about the alterations in atmospheric weather whatsoever hence my answer is a no."

No. That doesn't add up. If he was sleeping at that time then I shouldn't have met him. It was about 5:00 p.m. when I met him. He must be lying, but why?

"Speaking of rain, I think it's already drizzling out there," Leslie pointed out the window and she was right. Drops of rain had been dripping on the glass pane. "I told you it's going to rain, Elois,"

"Yeah," I agreed and then I suddenly remembered Nikolas's jacket on my bag. If Cole is Nikolas from last night, then he shouldn't have a jacket right now. This gave me an opportunity. "Does anyone of you has a jacket right now? I feel a little cold." I particularly looked at Cole.

"Yes, I do have a jacket. Interestingly, my jacket's aesthetics is fan-based to Desmond Miles of Assassin's Creed."

"Even if Cole has a jacket, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't share it with you," Jasper informed.

"Affirmative. I would not disagree. Dermatological fungal infection is at risk every time a person shares their garments" To me he sounded like a robot disguised as a human. Oh no. What if he's a robot who imitates the real Nikolas. I digressed that idea.

"Here I have one," Jasper shared me his red jacket that he drew from his bag. I noticed Leslie smiling at me and I think I know what she's thinking because of her obvious eye movement from Jasper to me. I disregarded her assumption for now.

"Thank you," I said as I awkwardly wore his jacket. We resumed eating our meals but I still can't shake off the weirdness that's happening here. Once again he's lying. Why is he implying base on his actions that we haven't met last night? Am I such a mess yesterday that he regretted meeting me? If that's so, he must be really a jerk. Maybe he's like a one-night stand date maniac. But still, I have to try once more. I recalled that his school ID is still on my hands. I'm sure it's one of a kind and it's very important to him. I'm sure he would admit/remember last night if I'll get the chance to open it up to him.

"Hey look at my ID!" I voiced out. I clumsily took my ID from my bag and showed it to them.

"You look so happy in there," Jasper said.

"Can I see all of your ID's? I'm really curious to see them," Leslie and Jasper, without second thoughts complied and showed theirs. Their picture revealed the resemblance I was looking for, such as their thick eyebrows and curvy lips. I waited for Cole's ID but he doesn't seem interested in my request. "How about you Cole? Can I see yours?"