15: Someone is Looking Blue

In a matter of five days my life completely changed as if it went through hurricane. I feel that everything moves at a light speed and I'm being left behind. I couldn't cope up. Maybe it's life's way of making up to the uneventful past years of my life, compressing it on a package of days.

I could feel a heavy throbbing in my chest as I lay still on my bed. I knew for myself that there is something wrong. I could feel it again. I caressed the scar on my wrist to remind me of my battle.I know that these days would come sooner or later but once again it took me by surprise like some predator lurking on the shadows of my emotions. And now it grabs hold of me and I can't move, slowly sipping away my life. I tried to move my body but I seriously don't have the will to do. I'm terrified. I'm deeply terrified.

"Leslie?" I heard a man's voice from outside, it's obviously Jasper. Leslie is not home. She said that she has to meet someone important. I wouldn't want Jasper to see me like this so I remained silent for fifteen seconds wishing him to go away for a while. But he somewhat managed to enter our room. I shut my eyes quickly and pretended that I was sleeping.

"Apparently, your sister is not home," Cole's voice made me realize that he's here too.

"Shh, lower your voice," Jasper said softly enough for me to hear it. "Elois is sleeping,"

"It is 9 in the morning and this girl is not yet awake. How lazy?"

"Cole, just be quiet. Not everybody is like you who automatically wakes up by 7 in the morning." I could hear their movements as they shift from one place to another. "Look at her," Jasper whispered.

"What do you see in her? You seem to be very attracted to her,"

"Just look at her, Cole. One, I never saw a girl sleep so peacefully like this. It's like she's pretending but not. My sister is pretty but that girl is sure a mess when she sleeps. But Elois, look at her." I tried my best not to react.

"I see, you have a comparative knowledge,"

"She's very beautiful. When I look at her, it's like all my other senses focus at her,"

"That's alarming. Your statement made me think about a carnivorous predator ready to devour it's prey,"

"Cole you can make anything romantic to not romantic." I opened my eyes quickly as I heard the word romantic and I immediately saw Jasper's face at my bedside. His eyes widened instantaneously and his jaw dropped. He looks very red and flustered. "Elois, how long have you been awake?" he asked with a shaky voice.

"Just now," I feel heat on my cheeks. Could it be? Jasper made my blood flow through my body faster than usual. It could be since I regained the ability to move my body again.

"I think this is what they usually call awkward is it not?" Cole said. "Huh? Somewhat I could feel it."

"Good for you, bud! Now you're feeling awkward." Jasper chuckled and went to Cole's side. "You see Elois, I was just helping Cole to feel awkward."

"I have no knowledge of that. You were actively complimenting Elois on how beautiful she is"

"No! No! No I wasn't-" Jasper tried to cover Cole's mouth but Cole effectively managed to stop him by grabbing Jasper's arm and twisted it at an uncomfortable angle. "Ow! Ow! Okay no touching. I won't touch you!"

"Cole, you can let go of him now. I think he gets the point," I ordered Cole and he followed.

"Sorry, buddy, you almost touched my mouth with your disease-carrying hands," Honestly, the word 'buddy' doesn't seem to fit on Cole's vocabulary.