29: Jaspernatics

It feels like I should not be doing this "mission" that Nikolas said to me.

"Elois, don't be as stubborn as always. We're doing this for your own sake. And for our friend, Jasper," Nikolas's words resonated on my memory again. My only motivation right now to do all of this is for Jasper. I don't want him to die. Honestly, believing in Nikolas once again is very risky. What if this is just another trick? But would it be worth it if I wouldn't trust one more time if I could save Jasper?

It has been minutes now that I have been waiting for Jasper for his class to end. We've been so close that we knew each other's schedule, even what the subject is and what room it takes place. So yeah, I went by the hallway of his classroom and waited for him to go out. At last, I heard the shifting of the plastic chairs and people started to go out from the classroom where Jasper had his class. I waited for Jasper to come out with the rest of his classmates but I didn't see him. Maybe he was absent? I peered inside the classroom and there I saw him. He was, of course, looking so jolly, having fun and all. And...he's talking to a girl. Quite beautiful. She has this wildly curly hair and dresses quite stylish, even me with no sense of fashion could tell. They were having a discussion about a tournament or something until Jasper noticed me.

"Oh hi, Elois!" Jasper smiles at me. The beautiful girl checked on me and I think she looked at me from head to toe.

"One of your fangirls?" The girl asked Jasper. I don't know why, but I think I'm not going to like this girl.

"She's not one of my fangirls. You always talk crazy," he said to her. Jasper finally went outside and stood by me. "Oh, Elois that girl is Bridgette," I politely waved a hand to her. "Bridgette, this is Elois," Bridgette smiled at me. "So what's up?" Jasper asked.

"I just...I just wanted to see you," I facepalmed myself on my imagination. How could I jump on to him like that?

"Oh, um. Bridgette and I were just talking about a concert and um, huh, we should walk home together, yeah?" I just nodded. I'm afraid I would say yet another stupid thing.

"Hey Bridgette, I should go home now. Let's talk about it later."

"Okay, sure. You'll text me later, right?"

"Yeah Bridgette, I'll text you," Jasper smiled at her then walked away. I followed him.

"So, you have plenty of fangirls?" I asked teasingly.

"Yeah, a bunch of them," of course Jasper was sarcastic when said that. Right? "Hey, Elois are you concerned about girls lingering all over me?"

"What? No! Of course not."

"Come on, just admit it. It'll be okay." Jasper was poking at my cheeks while he continuously says "Admit it, you're jealous."

"No, I'm not jealous!" I raised my voice and swatted his hand away from my face.

"Okay, easy there, I was just joking," I noticed Jasper's voice came low. How could this be difficult?

"Sorry," I said. We went quiet for a minute. And I shouldn't let that. "Hey Jasper," I swallowed hard.

"Yes?"

"Do you still like me?" I asked brave-heartedly. Again, my face is all warmed up. I could imagine myself really really red. Ah, Nikolas. I hate you for making me do this. I waited for Jasper's response but he just snickered.

"Why did you asked that all of a sudden?"

"I don't know. You know, you look so handsome today and uh,"

"Did you hit your head or something?" Jasper stopped walking then inspected my head. He held my head then jokingly checked for something.

"Oh come on, I was just joking," I rolled my eyes at him.