10: Prediction of Honey

"That is the perfect explanation, brilliant!" I exclaimed. I thought my theories were farfetched, crazy, and ridiculous, but here's Cole's words putting them to shame.

"Wow, Elois. I didn't know that you would easily digest what I have said,"

"Oh yeah, yeah. I easily digested it. I know now that you're a drug addict. You're stoned now aren't you?" I tried to laugh quietly since I don't want to bother other people that might be sleeping like Leslie. But how could I not laugh so hard if the person standing in front of me is a big joke.

"Honey, since our long marriage, I never really learned how to detect your sarcasm,"

"Honey, that's because we're not married," I tried to close the door but again, he stopped it with his foot. I must have slammed the door so hard, he winced.

"Elois, I know that I sound the craziest person right now,"

"You are the craziest person right now,"

"No-no, please let me finish first. I know that you Elois, my wife, is morbidly curious. That is I think the best thing I love about you. I also know that you're pretending to be a shy-type of a girl, a modest and harmless girl, but deep inside you're strong,"

"You almost got me there Cole, but you're wrong. I'm not strong,"

"Yes you are. You think you're not but you are. I know because you constantly battle yourself through depression."

"How did you know about my depression?" my voice started to shake.

"Because I am your husband,"

"Okay. Leave me alone. You're creeping me out. So please leave me alone before I call for help,"

"Okay. I'll leave you alone. In one condition,"

"What is it?"

"Let me prove it to you that I came from the future."

"Oh come on. Time-travel can't exist, especially travelling back in time."

"No Elois, it's already happening in front of your face! All you have to do is to let me show you,"

I scrunched my shirt. He was right. Curiosity gets the best of me. "How would you prove it?"

"In Friday, you would experience a flash flood. It wouldn't be catastrophic as it sound but..."

"Who are you Noah?"

"Elois, if that happens, would you believe me?"

I weighed in his prediction. A spontaneous flash flood would occur three days from now, what are the odds that it would be a coincidence? "Give me more specific detail and I would believe you," I suggested.

"Okay. You and Jasper are together that time."

"Why?"

"I don't know why? I just know you were together that time."

"You're such a liar,"

"Hey, I'm from the future but it doesn't mean that I know everything," I guess he's right. "Can you promise me that you'll believe me if that happens?" Once again, I rethink the scenario. It's unlikely that me and Jasper would be together when a flash flood would occur, right?

"I won't promise until I'm not convince,"

"Elois, trust me," Cole looks very serious and made me wonder how can he say all this. Why is he trying to prove the impossible?

"Alright, Cole. I'll look forward to your prediction," I acquiesced.

"One more thing. I can only travel back in time when the present Cole is sleeping. So that means in the morning, the present Cole would not have any idea that we talked this night." I suddenly remembered that yesterday Cole said that he slept all afternoon making it only logical that I met "the future" Nikolas on that time period. Not that I believe him, but it fits on the puzzle. "For easier reference, call me Nikolas and I'm from the future. Cole is the present Nikolas, he's the one you met earlier. We shall refer to him as Cole," I rolled my eyes to his absurdity. "Also you should not tell anyone about this discussion. No one can know. Even Cole."