Chapter 5

My body hurts. My chest stinges with every breath.I'm falling and he is down there. I will always find you.
And save you .
Metal bars rise up from the ground. They wrap around my neck.
"Please...Just kill me."I choke out.
Maven's figure comes into view. His bloody coat's dripping red blood.His crown's dripping silver. Gisa comes after him, a leash around her neck,the chains runs all way back to Maven's hand.
He pulls another leash smartly,smirking evilishly.
Beside him,Cal drops on his knees. "Maven... Don't. "Cal says not with authority of a dashing prince. He's fallen. He's nothing anymore.
"Oh. Dear Brother. It's too late now."Maven says.
The sword blade glints as he raises it in the air.
"This is your fault. Everyone you love will die because of you."he tells me.
The blade cuts through Cal's neck.
Silver blood runs down as his head drops on the ground beneath my feet.
I can't even scream.
"No.... No.... please." I shout . My throat feels sore."No..."I shout again
I jerk awake screaming. I search for the collar around my neck and when I feel it with my fingers ,I feel relieved. It's like as long as I have it,obeying Maven, I feel safe.
Pethatic. My mind screams.
"It was just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. " A warm voice says.
Kilron hugs me. His hands stroking my back. At his touch ,I feel calm. The pain is chased away from my bones.
I'm lucky to have him as a friend.

"He's not here. He's not gonna hurt you."he coos.
He raises my chin to look into his green eyes.
"We're a strong force. While you've been gone , Cal trained many newbloods with abilities you can't possibly imagine. We're a force to be reckoned with. We can win this war,Mare. You just need to believe. "
"No!"I shout at him,"We can't win. We can't win HIM. You're all going to die. He's going to kill .you.all."
He strokes my cheek,"Let me take you to their training today."he says calmly,"Just let yourself believe in you again."
There's nothing to believe in . Not in Maven's puppy dog. I'm not one to lead.

***
"Kilron? Where exactly are we going? " I stop following his tracks and he turns back to look at me,"we both know the barracks is NOT that way."
"Well, that's because before I take you there, there are some things we should do."he continues to go through the halls and I follow him .
He reaches a door and opens it with a short knock.
I enter the room.
"Mare."Jullian calls,jumping forward to hug me. He has gained weight while I was gone. He got his revenge afterall.
"By my colors ,Mare." He says,letting me out of his hold,glancing down at my collar,"That son of a..."
"Uncle!" Cal says from across the room,leaning on the wall with his hands crossed over his chest. He nods to me.
"It's nice to see you again,Mare."Sara says,standing to shake my hand. Her hand feel extremely soft ,I'm almost reluctant to let go.
"Please sit down."Jullian instructs and I sit in front of Sara on a couch.
"Kilron . Would you please leave us?this is silver business. "Cal says sincerely.
Kilron momentarily looks like he'll punch Cal. "He'll stay."I mutter,not wanting to let him go. His presence itself is reassuring."I'm not silver,remember? " I am not Mareena Titanos.
"Fine."he drops his hands in surrender.
The three silvers exchange worried glances,but none talks. I watch them with raised eyebrows.

Jullian finally clears his throat."Well. Since you came here. We were looking for a way to remove ..."he scratches the back of his head, "that thing."he says not wanting to say its actual name,but points at it all the same.
"My collar?"I say boldly.
"Don't!"Cal roars,"You make yourself sound like Maven's..."he trails off angrily.
"What?Maven's little dog?!"I snap.
"No! You're not his..."he trails off again,closing his eyes in frustration ,"Damn it ,Mare. "
"Look around ,Cal. He sent me here! I'm here because he wants it! I can't come closer than one feet to you because HE forbid it! I'm alive because he let me !I'M..."I'm intrupted by his raised finger.
His nostrils flare with anger. He breaths heavily and the room quietens ,no one daring to intrupt our little chat.
"Do it."he says authoritively,nodding to Jullian.
"Wait... Do what...?"Kilron asks. In a blink of an eye,Cal ia in front of him,blocking him from me,and Jullian is on me,tying my hands to the chair,While Sara works with something in her hand.
"What... let go... Jullian. .. Don't make me...!"I warn.
That stops him and I breath in relief.
"What, Mare? Electrocute me? We both know you can't. No.... not with this thing around your neck blocking every single electronic wave."he says sadly,"and we will change that."
In my horror, his words are clear . He wants to free me.
My gone lightening.
"Don't you dare touch her! "Kilron shouts but Cal is standing in front of him and wordlessly daring him to step forward and burn. His back is on me but I know he can't make himself see my pain.
"No... No... you can't ... he said I shouldn't do this. He said the pain would never go. No!"I cry.
Cal suddenly turns back to look at me, forgetting Kilron. His eyes an angry golden flame,"I blame myself for letting him take you."he says calmly, "And I have to get you back from him now."
A syringe needle is forced in my arms.
My vision blackens.
"Trust me."Jullian says and the world darkens.

___________
So what do you all think?
How was it?
Do you also think that the collar think was something more or just something for the show? And what do you think Maven was planning with the sounder device in Glass sword?
Thanks for the 1.15 k !!! I love you guys and plz keep reading ,and share this story to your friends.