Chapter 4

My mouth falls open as I exit the truck and my eyes search thr area. Is this a new hidden Scarlet Guard hiding place?
Kilron grins,"We call it the base. We couldn't hold so many newbloods and soldiers back in Notch , could we? " He explains as I take in the scene in front of me. Huge walls arounds, gates protected by guards.

"Welcome to the base."Cameron comments ,"There's so much you need to see."
I don't think I want to see more soldiers marching into their graves because of me. Thanks.
"Welcome home!"A voice calls, and the girl,almost Cameron's age, takes her in a sudden embrace. She steps back after that ,nodding to Cal and Kilron.
"I'm Jade."She says politely to me.
"Mare."I mutter.
"We know ." Another boy says . Most definitely Jade's brother,noticing their black eyes and matching blonde hair.

"It's nice to have you back home,lightening girl." Kilron says.
This is just another nightmare.
I have no lightening.
Not anymore.
****
"But...how? Can't the jets detect this place?"I ask confused.
"No. They can't. Now get some rest , he can't hurt you here,I promise you that." Cal says.
I drop on the bed with a sigh.
I'm tired of of people, telling me I'm safe because I NEVER am.
This is a lot to take in. We have a base ,a training army of newbloods. They have a cause ,they're willing to fight for.
I try to lock my eyes on the ceiling, but I can feel him looking at me while leaning against the wall.
"Say it." He orders.
"Say what?"I shake my head not knowingly.
He narrows his eyes,"You can't bottle it all up forever  .  I know it hurt you ,Mare. Just...."
It still does hurt !  I want to scream.

"What did Maven do to you ,Mare?" He says softly.

"I think he broadcasted it all."I say nonchalantly.
His face changes ,a shadow of pain crossing his features.
The collar. Me kneeling to Maven.
All of the Norta saw it.
And the person who told me he would never let it happen included.
"I ... I watched it." It's unbelievable for me when tears pool his eyes.
"It's ... my  fault.  Mare. I'm sorry. I destroyed your life. I got you the damn job. I got you swept out of your normal life forced to live as Mareena  and maybe... It's all my fault Maven did all that." He says ,trying his best not to let his tears cross down his cheeks.
"It's not your fault.  If anything , destroyed  your  life."
He leans on the wall ,letting his knees bend so he  slowly drops on the floor ,rubbing his forhead in his hands.
"TELL ME WHY HE LET YOU GO."He says with new - found rage.
"BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU TO SURRENDER TO HIM !" I shout ,tears running down my face.
For a second he doesn't understand but then when the general speaks again he is all business, "He send you  to  surrender me to him?!"
I nod slowly, " In fourteen days. Or... he'll..."
"Or what Mare?"
He asks exasperation written on his face as if pleading me not to say it.
"He'll kill Gisa."
  Cal's been pacing the room.
And the silence is killing me.

"Of course. "He mumbles to himself, "How could I be so STUPID?! He wants to marry . Obviously he needs to make sure there is NO heir!"
Oh the length he went to make sure about that. You don't even know, Cal.
The memory of Maven considering to kill my brother's baby because he thought it was Cal's makes me shiver.

"Did You trained the newbloods?"I ask .
"Wh...what? Yes ... yes,I helped."he ends confidently.
"You think that gives you a chance of winning ? You think there's  any  chance?!"
He stares at me.  And I know he's disappointed.
"Oh. Let me guess. Maven showed you how invincible he is. "He barks every word," You were willing to fight then when we had even less chance ,SO TELL ME. WHAT'S DIFFERENT NOW?!"
I manage to scoff bitterly at this ,"The fact that he always wins? That he's always a step ahead? Or that I end up begging each time?"
He stands there in awe,not finding a word to say to me.
The truth is.
I'm already thinking about what to bargain for Cal's life.
"You're not the Mare I knew."he says quietly.
"And that's going  to change. "He roars as he slams the door behind him.

A few seconds later he peeks in again,"oh. And in fourteen days I'm going to KILL Maven Calore. "

____________
A/ N:
A long wait and a short chapter . I'm sorry. But this was an important filler and I had some problems with how they are going to handle it.
I hope you all liked it and promise that the next one will be published much much sooner 'cause it is kinda ready!
Oh. And thank you so so much for almost 1k reads! It's amazing I love you guys!

Please keep reading because some great
flashbacks and Maven scenes are coming!

Oh and plz comment and vote! Without them believe me I don't know how I can continue without your support.